BM pinnacle = junk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arch, I wouldn't go making fun of the big kids on the block...lifter's always acted like a gentleman on this forum, rather than insulting other members, starting rude, juvenile topics, and generally pissing off all involved. I wasn't going to bring this up in my earlier post, as it seemed to be stooping to the level of a personal attack, but did you happen to notice when BF had a rating system up temporarily that several people rated you...poorly? I don't think I saw anyone else get a 1/2 star rating, even Tom Mayo.
biggrin.gif
Doesn't it tell you something about your style of posting that people went to the trouble of slamming you? Given your behavior in this topic, and your truly bizarre post about the warranty issue, I think you've lost any minor credibility you had.

Qualifying "out of line" by adding "when not defending myself" would justify you condescending to this audience? I don't think so. You're "sticks and stones" comment just furthers my statement. You aren't dealing with kids here for the most part, and you're not making your point by acting as if you are. I'm all for good fun, but not in the "nanny nanny boo boo" sense.

Lifter, I've always respected your posts and opinions. The Satan comment was way out of line, and I think you've handled it very well. And MAN, YOU ARE A BIG DUDE!!!

Brandon

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by archieblue:
...lifterforSATAN.. I don't care what a bunch of BM jokers think. I'm posting on a page where I *value* peoples opinions...well most of them...
</font>

Wow, Lifter. What did you do to deserve that?

------------------
"How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is to have a thankless child.", King Lear, Act I, Scene 4.

You go camping.

It's time to leave.

You're car won't start.

You realize that you're 30 miles from nowhere.

For some reason you only brought ONE knife.

Did you bring the Pinnacle?

NO.

------------------
peace love arch

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lifter4Him@aol.com:
ARCHIEBLUE, MAYBE YOU CAN HEAR ME LIKE THIS. I ASKED YOU 3 TIMES IN THIS THREAD SO FAR, WHETHER THE PINNACLE IS JUNK OR NOT, WHY ARE YOU POSTING THIS IN THE REEVE'S FORUM???

Fella's he's a troll, do a search.
</font>

And I answered you.

strange version of turning the other cheek, guy...

------------------
peace love arch

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lifter4Him@aol.com:
<font size="4" color="#FF0000">You're right, the pinnacle is nowhere near the knife a sebenza is.</font>
Dave[/B]</font>

If you agree with the reason I posted this in the first place, what are we talking about here?

------------------
peace love arch

[This message has been edited by archieblue (edited 04-18-2001).]

You've called us children, questioned our ability to comprehend, called us the kids who got beat up on the playground, called a member a satanist, and now question that member's religion? Not to mention inappropriately bashing a knifemaker in another knifemaker's forum.

And you've done it all from the safety of a profile with no email address listed.

A real class act there buddy.

Oh, and if this is the best you got, you are definitely not cooler than me. (read his profile)

To archieblue, Austin, TX:

Re: Community

Dear Sir, I neither know nor care who you are or where you come from, but I feel the need to inform you that your wanderings across the world wide web have led you to something you might not be familiar with; A Community.

A community not in the sense of a group of people living in the same locality and under the same government or the district or locality in which such a group lives, or even the larger sense of society as a whole.

I speak of community as a group of people having common interests, a community of interests. The goal of such a community is sharing, participation, and fellowship.

So far you are extremely lacking in your fellowship skills. If you cannot see how your comments are offensive to others perhaps you should reconsider them from the recipients point of view. And any direct insulting comment is completely out of line, a fact that you are well aware of.

If your intentions are not to spark honest debate on a subject of common interest but to simply inspire arguments between members of this forum then you are not a welcome member of this community.

------------------
James Segura
San Francisco, CA

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by archieblue:</font>

Who here thinks that a Pinnacle is as good as a Sebenza? I just want to know, because that's why I started the topic.

Once again, let's repeat, so may be understand this time, nobody has ever told U or questioned that Sebie has higher quality.
I think U understand that perfectly, just changing the subject.
What you don't understand, or pretend to is the fact that the place, the tone ad the language used in your first message were inappropriate.
Once again, let's repeat, Sebie is great, but that doesn't make other knife(ves) junk and crap... Is that too hard to understand?

Pinnacle = a disposable product, hence junk.
No, U definitely miss the point
smile.gif

------------------
zvis.com
Have Fun,
Alligator

Three men die in an elevator accident and arrive before the Pearly Gates at the same time. They approach St. Peter who tells them, “Before I can show you your Final Reward I have to ask a few question of each of you.”

One man steps forward and says “Ask away.” St. Peter says to him, “How much money did you make last year?”

“$250,000.”

“What did you do for a living?”

The man replied proudly, “I was a Doctor.” With that the clouds part beneath him and he plunges, screaming, into the Fiery Pit. St. Peter motions to the second man, his head hanging down, “And you, how much money did you make last year?”

The man lifts his head up and mutters, “2.5 Million Dollars.”

“Wow,” says St. Peter, “and what did you do to earn that kind of money?”

“I was a Lawyer.” And no sooner had the words left his lips than he was plunged through the clouds to join all the other members of the Bar.

St. Peter turned to the third man, now alone on the clouds. “Well, my son, would you tell me how much money you made last year?”

The man scratches his head for a moment and reply’s, “I’m not sure, but I think it was about $2500.00.”

“So,” St. Peter says, “what instrument do you play?”

------------------
That's Doctor Evil to you. I didn't go to Evil Medical School for six years to be called Mister, thank you very much!

stjames.

This is not me being rude, and I'm not directing these comments to ANY forun or COMMUNITY.

Try reading from MY point of view! Just because I don't need a clan of buddies to back me up DOES NOT mean that I don't respect or understand the idea of a community.

I'm not gonna jump on anybody's side even if they agree with what I say, because I stand firm by myself. If you want to yell at me, fine. I'm not gonna drag anybody else into it.

People don't like that because they like conformity. Fall in line with the rest of the droids you say? Is that your idea of a community? How about freedom? How about thinking what you want, and freely displaying your opinion!

I think the Pinnacle resembles the Sebenza and should not be mistaken as it's equal replacement.

Read.

I think the Pinnacle resembles the Sebenza and should not be mistaken as it's equal replacement.

Most of the people against my opinion are on the OFFENSIVE end. Offensive meaning opposite of defensive.

I backed away, and it was insisted that my toes be steped on again.

(This is offensive.)

I do not appreciate this.

I am *trying* to get my toes free.
THIS is reasonable.

This has turned, NOT BY ME, into something I had not intendedand I am sorry.

ttfn

------------------
peace love arch

Anyone thinking of buying a Pinnacle, think again!

What a piece of junk!

The other day I was checking out ebay only to stumble upon the Benchmade Pinnacle. I almost bought one thinking "Hey, I could carry this when I do construction" so I would'nt have to put my sebby in harms way. Then I got to thinking that this is the reason I made the plunge for the Sebby in the first place... to have a knife that I could rely on and pull through tasks that other knives could not. Needless to say, I did not get the BM.

Yesterday I found myself in the knife section of Whole Earth Provision Co. here in Austin. I checked out the Pinnacle. It was a joke! It literally seemed like something you might win in a carnival game. I checked out other BM's, including a cool (looking) Elishewitz design, and they were all crap! I could not believe it. My prev. EDC was a CRKT and it was a good knife. ($50) I also handled a friends old CQC7 and it was a really good knife. I cant believe how bad BM has gotten! I'm arch-man, and this is news to me.

</font>

What is offensive?

------------------
peace love arch

To all: please see my edited post above. I was out of line. Whether or not Archieblue was or wasn't offensive or anything else, I was wrong. Think I'll stick to lifting as I don't really seem to have a future in diplomatic relations.

Dave

redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif

This post is beyond serving a purpose. No party is going to change the others mind(s). This is no longer an argument, it's a fight. Take it to rec.knives. The CRK forum has been one of the friendliest, informative, and enjoyable, forums on BFC since it opened.

If no one posts after this post, this thread will go away. It will slowly drift off the bottom of the page, and be forgotten.That should be obvious to everyone.

This thread should have been locked, but Anne is too respectful of everyone to do that. She has always been a first class lady to all the forum members, so lets have some respect for her and everyone at CRK and take it elsewhere (if you lack the self restraint to stop all together). This is certainly my last post on this thread, because I never want to see it BTTT.

Sincerely,
Paul Davidson

If you have any comments to direct to me, then please email me at pauldavidson@eudoramail.com.

You go camping.

It's time to leave.

You're car won't start.

You realize that you're 30 miles from nowhere.

For some reason you only brought ONE knife.

Did you bring the Pinnacle?

NO.

</font>

At the moment the answer would be yes! Hey word up I am not a BM bigtime fan by ANY use of the imagination, and god knows a few here will confirm this. BUT the 750 is a VERY fine knife, I am proud do have it as my daily carry in trowser pocket. Until I find a better all round knife for the money that has a frame lock and a good steel I will still carry it! It is tough and works very well. The Sebi is a working artwork, for the cheap ass basdid's like me who don't want to use my Sebi for fear of marking it a 750 is a very good utility blade with a good framlock. It is starting to sound like you are trying to tell us a Ford is a bad brand because TVR make better cars... DUH!

The BM is 1/3 the price and still a very very very good knife. When you get a good one of course, perhaps like me you need to look at a few to get a good one
wink.gif

------------------
Wayne.
"To strive to seek to find and not to yield"
Tennyson
Ranger motto

A few useful details on UK laws and some nice reviews!
http://members.aol.com/knivesuk/
Certified steel snob!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by The General:
The BM is 1/3 the price and still a very very very good knife.</font>

Yep, no complaints about the quality of my BM750. I just decided it was too large (technically, it's illegal at 3.6" here in CO). I wish they made a smaller version.

As it is, I bought a small Sebenza. It's PERFECT, but I'm still in shock over spending $300+ on a pocket knife!

Mike

I would like a small sebi for use, but at the price I cannot justify that much on one knife. I know I know I am a tight fisted basdid!

------------------
Wayne.
Tennyson
Ranger motto

Certified steel snob!

General:
Life is too short!!!!!!! Use that Sebenza for God's sake!!!!!!! It was meant to be used!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

If enough people post here and convince me to do it then I will! But at the moment I just don't feel like its the...right moment for me. Nice try though Scott!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Wayne.
Tennyson
Ranger motto

Certified steel snob!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back