Bob Cargill Cripple Creek Knives

Probably one of the more common Cargills, but still a very nice knife. 3-1/3" closed in honey bone.

PYk974d.jpg

MKKxVKR.jpg

The design of that frame is from a old Kabar pattern. It's also used on the larger Buffalo Skinner.
Cargill was contracted by Knife World to make 3 different patterns for them. Should be on page 28.
Greg

Last edited:
I have debated with myself on whether I should put this letter from Bob Cargill in here or not. I have decided that this would, or should, be part of Cripple Creeks History.
Comes from the man himself and in his words.
Greg

I added the "Cripple Creek Sold" article to put things in context.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

I want to add, The names you don't hear and the faces you don't see are usually responsible for things going sour.
Greg

Last edited:
QUOTE - mckgreg mckgreg : "A Cargill stamped folder. Notice the blade etching. There's a few Cripple Creek folders with this etching and the Cripple Creek tang stamp.
They're like hens teeth.
Greg

orig.jpg
Nice "sodbuster" folder!! There is somthing cool about Shadow Stag!!
Here's another Cargill folder, now gone to live with another member of the porch! A medium-sized Barlow!!Cargill Big Barlow Tang.jpg Cargill Big Barlow.jpg

That piece is part of the Warrior Series. More info about it back in this thread. Should be in the first 10 pages or so.
Greg

All I can say is, go back thru this thread and look at the different examples. Just about everything is already in this thread.
You just have to look for it. Page 1 is a good place to start.

Thanks for posting that letter, Greg. Very sad that it has ended up this way.
I keep that in mind when I see his Logo being used today. Talk about the sweat from another man's brow.
Greg

Last edited:
All I can say is, go back thru this thread and look at the different examples. Just about everything is already in this thread.
You just have to look for it. Page 1 is a good place to start.
Greg
Good advice, Greg!!:thumbsup:
Also, Bob Cargill was a bit of a creative maverick, and I expect his solutions to be unusual in the industry!!:D

Side note if I may, guys and gals...
I’m reading the whole thread, page by page ‘till the tenth, then go back to the first page, repeat. There is a reason and I thank you ALL. Excuse all the likes you may receive, there are to be many.

That is what this thread is for. Information. Augie, who started this thread, asked for info about Cargill and Cripple Creek Knives. Many have contributed to this thread to provide information that you will not find anywhere else. Facts is what this thread provides. Not conjecture, assumptions or fantasy that may be rolling around in someone's head.
It's a good idea to save what you deem important so you can review it on down the road. The Smoke Signals are very rare and hard to find. I would start by saving them. There are no Smoke Signals that I know of after 1986.
Greg

That piece is part of the Warrior Series. More info about it back in this thread. Should be in the first 10 pages or so.
Greg
Yup. I'd already saved them before I picked this one up. I knew what I was buying. I sent copies of the adds to the gentleman I bought it from.

Thanks for posting that letter, Greg. Very sad that it has ended up this way.

Indeed, and as Bob himself states in the 2nd letter (I paraphrase) It seems like I had a lot of friends back then ...but they were only interested in what I could make...not heard from them for years etc.

It's when Adversity kicks in your front-door you find out who your true friends & allies are not the insincere well wishers who want to benefit from your achievements.

Back