Bob Cargill Cripple Creek Knives

I slipped in another example of this in the same post on the previous page.
The Gunstock Bolster Lock piece.
Thanks pmek5. I try to show knives in the proper light so they can speak for themselves. I just push the cameras shutter button.:)
Greg

Last edited:
Cargill and Kit Carson were good friends and Kit also attended Cargill's knife making school.
I can't help but wonder if Kit's influence played a role in this very rare Cargill liner lock with ivory inserts.
I also can't keep myself from wondering if Kit, the liner lock master, made a few slip joints from
what he learned at Cargill's school. This is only speculation and I don't have any proof but..........................
they were both at the same party and that alone proves........................... absolutely nothing.
Greg

Last edited:
I slipped in another example of this in the same post on the previous page.
The Gunstock Bolster Lock piece.
Thanks pmek5. I try to show knives in the proper light so they can speak for themselves. I just push the cameras shutter button.:)
Greg
Greg is too modest. His exemplary pictures really highlight Cargill’s craftsmanship.

Finally able to land another Cargill Cripple Creek to the collection, a beautiful mother of pearl Eureka jack. My pictures don't do the MOP justice. Pardon the order of the pictures, just can't get the hosting service to put them in the right order.

Back