Boker Plus Exskelibur I (Ti Frame lock)

Oh I dropped one measurement.
The thread diameter of the screw was 1.48 mm or 0.058"
Seems like it is #0.

Miso

Just for fun, I modeled the hollow ground blade of Exskelibur I based on my measurements of the blade thickness at different points.
Measurements on Stretch and Manix were done where the blade widths are about 1", and the blade thickness indicates the value at that point, not the thickest part.
Edge bevels are not shown, but they are all sharpened at about 15 DPS.
Also, the flat part of blade is not shown for Exskelibur and Umnumzaan

Grind_comp.JPG

Miso

Last edited:
Also showing how it works as a kitchen knife.
Sorry about the weird angle.
I was hanging the camera on my neck.

[Youtube]wDiiRu_vcog[/Youtube]

Miso

Tthanks for the great review!
I want buy Ti or carbon version,not sure yet.

If you like a slicer, I can highly recommend it.
Since the fit and finish are variable on this model, you may want to buy one after inspecting it in hand.

Miso

The front flipper is quite nice and ambidextrous.

[Youtube]QdFvM6112Hc[/Youtube]

I am not lefty obviously.

Miso

I really like the thinner blade and the front flipper looks fun but cheap hardware is a big turn off.

I wonder if they made two versions, one with standard and one with upgraded hardware, which one would sell better?

Titanium and s35vn will take a beating and last forever, however it looks like if you take it apart and few times, you're going to end up with a "pinned" knife.

Probably they are aiming at the German market with its legal restrictions.
Exactly. We can only legally carry one handed opening or locking, not both.

Anyways thanks for the review, this is another one on my list... Unless I can suddenly afford an original burger.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A310F mit Tapatalk

I really like the thinner blade and the front flipper looks fun but cheap hardware is a big turn off.

I wonder if they made two versions, one with standard and one with upgraded hardware, which one would sell better?

Titanium and s35vn will take a beating and last forever, however it looks like if you take it apart and few times, you're going to end up with a "pinned" knife.

Yeah, I really wish that they offer the knife with upgraded and BIGGER hardware.
I would definitely buy it over the current version, even if the price is higher.

The current hardware is soft but will last reasonable amount of time.
You just need to be extra careful not to strip the screws, when you deal with them.
Especially when you disassemble the knife for the first time.
Boker overtighten the screws, and that was the main reason why I stripped some of them (also there might have been some thread locker on them).
Knowing this, I managed to disassemble the second Exskelibur without damaging the hardware a couple of times.
But I will never ever take off the clip screws.

I have sit on the knife in a back pocket sometime and not noticed any deformation.
So they seem durable enough, even though they are small and thin.

But again, I would really love to see the knife with anodized titanium screws.......

Miso

Exactly. We can only legally carry one handed opening or locking, not both.

Anyways thanks for the review, this is another one on my list... Unless I can suddenly afford an original burger.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A310F mit Tapatalk

You are welcome.
This is a great slicer for sure.

Miso

This shows why Exskelibur I is a great slicer. The blade shape really rivals that of a small kitchen knife. Spydiechef is on the thinner side of the spectrum, but still much thicker than my Takamura paring knife.

EXK_comparison.JPG

Miso

Back