1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Off Topic Bought One Glock today................

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by David Brown, Jan 26, 2019.

1. David Brown

David Brown Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :) Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2001
    And made two that do not exist......................yet :)

Bought a G48 today and took the long slide and put it on the short mag frame of my original G43
    Made a G43 long slide ? G43LS ? [​IMG]

I have always been taught The part that you are trying to conceal is the grip, the slide could be 20" long it will just follow your leg line down to your knee.
    A shorter grip on a concealed handgun = better concealment

My dream gun would be a G34 slide on a G19 frame. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]G19LS ?
    Kind of the opposite of the 19X [​IMG] I still don't get that gun ? [​IMG]

So then I put the black upper of the G43 on the G48 frame and made a all black 43X ? :) (have not seen one of those yet)

found out that the G48 ten round mags will not fit in the G43 frame the 10 rounders are just slightly fatter than the G43 6 rounders
    so that kind of stinks, I was hoping they would fit so I could have a back up 10rounder for the G43LS

Ah well, I have a few Taran Tactical Innovations base pads that make the G43 mags 8 rounders

Any how here are some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. glockboy

glockboy

Oct 14, 2003
    Cool.

3. Ironkid883

Ironkid883 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 29, 2018
    Do you keep those for self defense /home defense in ireland its actually illegal to carry any item for self defense including kubotans kiridashis .pepper spray.the only one that isnt on the list is the tactical flashlight .most people here own shotguns or rifles for hunting purposes .
    Although u can get special licenses for gun collectors in other words if ur a collector u can have pistols or semi autos .
    Personnally i hope no one on here would have to use them for self defense but as i always thought better to have it and not have to use it ;than to need it and not have it

4. TENTEX

TENTEX Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2017
    Where BB Holsters?

5. Cobalt

Cobalt Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 1998
    Dave, O totally agree with you about the 19x. A totally stupid idea. Especially when you can get mag extensions that give you the 17's capacity in the 19. It looks like a dwarf. I would love to see a 19 with 34 slide model.

Here is one of my latest.

[​IMG]

5seven likes this.
  6. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    Nice pics Dave.:thumbsup:

I'm happy with my old G22 as is.

SpartanSon likes this.
  7. Demon613

Demon613

Oct 13, 2010
    That unnecessarily fat 10 round magazine just gave me sudden-onset mental retardation.

8. Chris A

Chris A Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Sweet guns! Haha I bought two yesterday o_O went and got the new 48 and then went back later and got a gen 5 17 :D going to order sights, holsters, and a X300.

[​IMG]

I’m heading to the range in a hour.

9. Steven65

Steven65 Traditional Hog Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2008
    I could not agree more.
    For me the 19X is a good solution to a non existent problem!
    I carried a 17 for years and I often toyed with the idea of cutting the frame back to 19 size. I have a G34 which will be my new edc. Absolutely no more difficult to carry than a 17. Maybe I will take the plunge and do the 19 frame conversion.;)

10. David Brown

David Brown Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :) Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2001
    Here in the states a bunch of folks do carry for self defense
    I to hope to never have to use it but like you said;
    "better to have it and not have to use it ;than to need it and not have it"

They are coming just got it yesterday and sheath orders take priority above my personal stuff.

Yes sir, what is a 19M ?

It is not that much fatter, you can not really even notice unless trying to put it in the wrong mag well.

I do know a guy that makes holsters.......................again :)

If you do it, I know several folks that would go for it.
    Now to go look for cheap G34's to cut up or G17's they are the same frame.
    Maybe one of those 80% Glock lowers ? hmmmmmmmmm G19LS its gotta happen.

Other Holster pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MosesMcgregor likes this.
  11. Cobalt

Dec 23, 1998
    Dave the 19M and 17M is the gun the won the FBI trials. After it won, the Marines piggy backed off of the FBI order along with a few more agencies.

12. Will York

Will York Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 21, 2000
    You’re a cool dude David Brown. Love it!

How thin are your IWB sheaths for the G19? Any pics with gun-in-sheath showing that? Hard to find a good IWB Glock sheath—since they’re bulky IWB even without sheath.:confused:

13. Thesian

Thesian Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Love that red/white/blue in flames!

I’m old school 40 cal with the G23. I will say those slimmer frames are very appealing but after living through the >10 rd mag ban, I can’t seem to give up the hi caps! :D

5seven likes this.
  14. David Brown

Jun 4, 2001
    More details brother :)
    And Can I get one for my collection of 9mm Glock.
    I do trade Kydex,leather,canvas work for Iron :)

Thanks Pard,

The Red and black one is my personal IWB carry, I carry Everyday.
    I use .064 kydex, for my IWB holsters 1/16" thick.
    for years I have told people if you can carry the gun with no holster in your pants, you can carry in one of my holsters, thin is how I make them.
    And you do not have to get bigger pants.

I have always made everything I make as if it was for me to personally use.

15. The Zieg

The Zieg

Jan 31, 2002
    I'm decidedly NOT a Glock guy, but I REALLY like what you've done here! Well done!

Zieg

16. Idaho Jarhead

Idaho Jarhead

Nov 2, 2007
    Very nice! For some reason I’ve sold every Glock I’ve ever bought. Been meaning to pick up another but motorcycles and Busse knives and making babies keeps getting in my way.

On a side note, the Corps uses Glock now? Beretta 9mm when I was in.

17. Demon613

Demon613

Oct 13, 2010
    Magazine compatibility is important to me. I have several Glocks that can use the 100+ G17 magazines I have, even if they do stick out a bit from the grips of the smaller guns.

18. Cobalt

Dec 23, 1998
    Dave, it's basically a Gen 5 with some internal mods and an M stamped on the slide, lol.

19. bubbaskyjacker

bubbaskyjacker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Barrel length does not necessarily mean accuracy

Not sure why there are 19x haters - they sold a ton of them and are now selling a ton of g45

it’s the Civilian version of MHS. It’s not meant to be a concealed carry, it’s like complaining a F250 has a bad 1/4 mile time. Plus many LE and FBI are moving to the 19x/g45. Easier to shoot so the reviews say.

But If you want a long slide and short grip go for it !!! Hopefully they actually make one for you guys.

gruntmedik likes this.
  20. David Brown

Jun 4, 2001
    It Does not guarantee accuracy, it but a longer sight radius sure does help with side to side movement, that is from years of personal experience and shooting for me personally.

Here is to hoping for G19LS :)

boring and The Zieg like this.