Off Topic Bought One Glock today................

Nice setups Dave. Have you functioned fired yet? Bummer that the 10 rounder won't work in the 43, I was planning on getting some for spare carry. Thanks for the intel and saving me some money.

Plus many LE and FBI are moving to the 19x/g45.

I agree about the barrel length. But this above is incorrect. It is the 19m, not 19x or g45, that the FBI, Marines and several other entities are getting. I thnk the Army had a stake in the 19x for it's MP's and not sure how that works with the sig 320 which the Army also chose.

Size Matters.....

bZumY49.jpg

Did some more "Glock Legos" and made some observations

G19LS has to happen :)

G26 super long slide not so much

My old DB9 was Much smaller than the G43.
same 6 round mags, much thinner and smaller over all, actual stainless upper not coated, and works great (I have shot this one a bit)
Glad I have it and the G48 :)

Pictures

pZ2gfjf.jpg

wnBF3PJ.jpg

G26 lower novel, yes, but maybe a little too much

VqwAU0B.jpg

1DizuMO.jpg

All lined up

KeUuPAE.jpg

DB9 comparison

urRUMSy.jpg

meQvztQ.jpg

La4yutC.jpg

bnB0ZT6.jpg

Funny, a couple of 43X found a new home today...was after the 48. But like the 43X better.

Funny, a couple of 43X found a new home today...was after the 48. But like the 43X better.

I wont hold it against you :)
especially if you find me a 17L ;)

and so you are saying you need some holsters ????

Dave interesting to say the least, my local gun shop had a longslide glock in 10mm...I thought about it but ended up going for a XDM instead. If one bought the 10mm then buy purchasing barrels in 40 s&w , 357sig you could have 3 guns in one

Do you keep those for self defense /home defense in ireland its actually illegal to carry any item for self defense including kubotans kiridashis .pepper spray.the only one that isnt on the list is the tactical flashlight .most people here own shotguns or rifles for hunting purposes .
Although u can get special licenses for gun collectors in other words if ur a collector u can have pistols or semi autos .
Personnally i hope no one on here would have to use them for self defense but as i always thought better to have it and not have to use it ;than to need it and not have it
In much of the USA, you can either have a permit and conceal the gun, or carry it openly.

In my state, you need the permit to co conceal the handgun and carry it concealed.

They issue permits if you don't have felony or domestic violence convictions.

It is nice to have the ability and freedom to defend your self.

I'm looking forward to checking out the 48 when a local store has them.

Love my 19x!

In much of the USA, you can either have a permit and conceal the gun, or carry it openly.

In my state, you need the permit to co conceal the handgun and carry it concealed.

They issue permits if you don't have felony or domestic violence convictions.

It is nice to have the ability and freedom to defend your self.
Yes i imagine it would give a person a great piece of mind no pun intended.
Ive still got like 15 fixed blades several folders .3 bows.a crossbow .tomahawk.making a sword .and a kukri.and awaiting a rucki some im ok for home defense .and a really annoying chihuahua that i could throw at an intruder lol.
Basically in ireland when we were under british colonial rule they imposed several laws to restrict our ability to usurp them a common tactic used by the empire at the time and most of our laws are based on the same laws so no weapon is allowed to be purchased as a defense tool .also a myriad of other stuff mostly ninja crap .but also spears its illegal to hunt with a bow or spear here .interesting in the uk before the dunblayne massacre they could hold a variety of firearms but its.more like ireland since

Yes i imagine it would give a person a great piece of mind no pun intended.
Ive still got like 15 fixed blades several folders .3 bows.a crossbow .tomahawk.making a sword .and a kukri.and awaiting a rucki some im ok for home defense .and a really annoying chihuahua that i could throw at an intruder lol.
Basically in ireland when we were under british colonial rule they imposed several laws to restrict our ability to usurp them a common tactic used by the empire at the time and most of our laws are based on the same laws so no weapon is allowed to be purchased as a defense tool .also a myriad of other stuff mostly ninja crap .but also spears its illegal to hunt with a bow or spear here .interesting in the uk before the dunblayne massacre they could hold a variety of firearms but its.more like ireland since
A pistol licence can be got if your a member of a firing range and you can use it for target practice but generally it's very hard to get something like a glock, looked into it when I got my shotgun licence but a lot of hassle. Carrying it would put you in jail if you did use it, home invasion would even be dodgy but laws have changed a bit on that .
Nice glocks David with that AR you had I wouldn't like to try and take your Infi.

I love my Glock 43. I carried a Kahr PM9 for years, but I like Glocks more and was waiting for a single stack. Unfortunately, I'm in CT, so I'm limited to 10 rounds. That was what made me stop carrying my Glock 19. It doesn't make sense to carry a full size handgun when I can't even load the magazine to capacity.

That being said, I only have two gripes with it. The first is that the magazine isn't really a single stack. It doesn't matter when it's in the gun, but I sure miss carrying the thin single stack magazine of the Kahr as a reload. The second is that they can't seem to make a 7 round magazine from the factory. I use the Taran Tactical +1 and the +2 as the reload. I'll have to take a look at the 43x.

A pistol licence can be got if your a member of a firing range and you can use it for target practice but generally it's very hard to get something like a glock, looked into it when I got my shotgun licence but a lot of hassle. Carrying it would put you in jail if you did use it, home invasion would even be dodgy but laws have changed a bit on that .
Nice glocks David with that AR you had I wouldn't like to try and take your Infi.
Yeah my buddys uncle in cobh had a few pistols but didnt use em just had em sure didnt a famous polition appear on tv with an mp5 ffs

Barrel length does not necessarily mean accuracy

Not sure why there are 19x haters - they sold a ton of them and are now selling a ton of g45

it’s the Civilian version of MHS. It’s not meant to be a concealed carry, it’s like complaining a F250 has a bad 1/4 mile time. Plus many LE and FBI are moving to the 19x/g45. Easier to shoot so the reviews say.

But If you want a long slide and short grip go for it !!! Hopefully they actually make one for you guys.

I have a G19 and a G26. I chopped a polymer 80 G19 frame down to accept G26 mags. Very simple to do and really nice to carry! Recommend it.

I have a G19 and a G26. I chopped a polymer 80 G19 frame down to accept G26 mags. Very simple to do and really nice to carry! Recommend it.

Pics ?

Back