Bought this from Dan Huang

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought this knife from Dan Huang on ebay. I'm a truck driver so I wasn't home immediately after it was delivered. Just got back to town today and opened her up and the damn handle is cracked. Paid over 1000 bucks for this knife. 20210328_190249.jpg

Trying to upload another Pic of the crack but it keeps saying the file is to large. It starts just under the first mosaic pin and goes up to the spine. I think you can see it on the one Pic that loaded if you zoom in

What did the "seller" say about the issue ? While I have little doubt Busse will take care of you this should have been disclosed at purchase ?

Well since I was on the road and didn't disclose the issue right away I haven't got any help. I'm a truck driver and was on the road

He declined to help or you didn't ask mate ? Not being picky but I doubt that happened "in transit".

Oh I've asked several times and told him I would still even give him a good review if he helped me out but I have not received a resolution yet. He sent me a Pic of the tracking and said, you have had it for a while now..
Today I got more aggressive and in the last 5 minutes he sent me this message "give me a min and I'll give you a written out option on what we can do for that knife" so that sounds promising.

Beautiful knife, from my experience I'd give Busse a chance to make it right. Great people there.
Garth helped me a bunch.
P.S.
It almost looks like it's part of the burl (charm of the wood) for a lack of a better word.

Thanks. And I was not trying to bad mouth anyone here. My apologies. I was more looking for advice. I'll give busse a call tomorrow.

Ebay are pretty good on buyer protection... Tell him you'll "start a return request" through ebay, and ask ebay to step in through their 'money back guarantee' if no resolution is reached. That should get him moving.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/...y-back-guarantee-policy?id=4210#not-described

Relevant bits:

eBay Money Back Guarantee covers most transactions on eBay. It means buyers can get their money back if an item didn't arrive, is faulty or damaged, or doesn't match the listing.

eBay Money Back Guarantee applies when:

Time frame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back