Bowie Team 6 Mummies? . . . Janitor's Closet Opens Sunday 9-18 at 9:00 PM Eastern!!!

I had a look around and couldn't see any naming, I'm unofficially calling mine Knights Blood. :)

"straight to the bone" sounds like a nice name. The color matches well enough for the muscle, sinew and then the bone. Then the blade has the capability to back it up.

So does this G10 color actually have a name?

Collecting mine from the PO in less than an hour.
[emoji41] [emoji41]

Regards,
Dicko.

Nice one Dicko, I was wondering how it was tracking, interested to hear your thoughts on it once you get it in hand.

But putting it against my EDC(tan) bag it is starting to grow on me ... It is better than the bone , Solid green or blue and black...

Green and black is growing on me...View attachment 663256

Likewise. It's not that I don't like the color combo, but there were others I liked better. However, I think this is going to become my defacto belt knife while bowhunting, so I think I'm going to keep it. Has a good camo look to it. :cool: Might even strip her this weekend! :cool:

Last edited:
Nice one Dicko, I was wondering how it was tracking, interested to hear your thoughts on it once you get it in hand.
First impressions - I love it! The handle feels great. Busse & kin handles are always so comfortable!

Will spend some time with her today.

Regards,
Dicko.

Tequila... ;)

[video=youtube;3H6amDbAwlY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H6amDbAwlY[/video]

Likewise. It's not that I don't like the color combo, but there were others I liked better. However, I think this is going to become my defacto belt knife while bowhunting, so I think I'm going to keep it. Has a good camo look to it. :cool: Might even strip her this weekend! :cool:

Can't wait to see it!

Stripped, and well... No INFI dimples... :eek: I'll save the surprise for tomorrow. :p

Still need to get the decarb layer off, but I need to get to bed now. Kids have sports stuff in the morning, so she's oiled up and stored for now. More tomorrow afternoon. ;)

First impressions - I love it! The handle feels great. Busse & kin handles are always so comfortable!

Will spend some time with her today.

Regards,
Dicko.

Good one. I Agree with you on the handle, the contours match up with my hand nicely.

Wow guys, I can taste the excitement! :p :rolleyes:

First, some pics of the decarb after I stripped it. The presentation side has some of the heaviest, toughest decarb I've seen on any stripper.

The other side looked more like what I've seen on previous strippers. A couple bad spots, but not too bad overall.

The logo etch turned out pretty nice!

I didn't realize how worn out my medium Scotchbrite belt had gotten. This made getting the decarb off a real pain in the butt. In fact, I'm going to have to order a new one to finish this up. And I was wrong... :eek: There were INFI dimples under there, albeit really, really small ones (and a small beauty mark). Here she is so far. It's going to look fantastic once I get a chance to finish it up. Maybe next weekend.

The non-logo side looks pretty good though. I started there, and it basically finished off the belt.

This is gonna be a SWEET knife when I'm done!!! :D :cool:

Wow guys, I can taste the excitement! :p :rolleyes:

First, some pics of the decarb after I stripped it. The presentation side has some of the heaviest, toughest decarb I've seen on any stripper.

The other side looked more like what I've seen on previous strippers. A couple bad spots, but not too bad overall.

The logo etch turned out pretty nice!

I didn't realize how worn out my medium Scotchbrite belt had gotten. This made getting the decarb off a real pain in the butt. In fact, I'm going to have to order a new one to finish this up. And I was wrong... :eek: There were INFI dimples under there, albeit really, really small ones (and a small beauty mark). Here she is so far. It's going to look fantastic once I get a chance to finish it up. Maybe next weekend.

The non-logo side looks pretty good though. I started there, and it basically finished off the belt.

This is gonna be a SWEET knife when I'm done!!! :D :cool:

Dude that alreadys looks awesome as is, even with it not being complete.
That bare INFI really transforms that knife into a looker in my opinion. I didnt think i liked the bt6 until now

Could you please explain what the decarb part is? Is it to help with corrosion resistance or something else?

"Decarb" is the scale left over from the heat treat process. Basically a thin layer of iron oxide (rust) on the surface of the steel. You want to remove it, as it will allow rust to form pretty readily, which could cause pitting in the steel if left un-cared for.

Back