Brass is back on the menu... GEC #44

I know exactly what you mean SaGN! :thumbsup::D But I'm asking just to try to learn some "history of the pattern".
(BTW, your Jimmy Rogers signature and username are fantastic! :cool::thumbsup::cool:)

- GT
Thanks! And my apologies, I couldn't help being intentionally difficult and contrarian ... you know, the textbook way to ingratiate yourself as a noob on a new forum. So how's that going for me? But seriously, I'm with you, I'd like to know more about the history of this pattern. Or at least how much of a diameter we're talking about on that cap end?

Nice looking knife, though I wish it had an option for a spear main. Not a fan of the brass, but I will be picking up one of these for sure:thumbsup:

Not sure about the brass, although it would sure patina nicely. I’ve been spoiled by the nice Tidioute shields lately, so I’m disappointed to see more hotdogs.
I’m thinking the stag is the way to go.

I think the brass is unique! I was never a fan of the bullet shields but i think the brass brings something special to it and makes me like the bullet shield a little more. I wish the over length was closer to 4 inches though.

I am rather fond of brass as a material. It's value based on its historical applications over the centuries is rather remarkable.

I'm with Paul on this one too, it's reminiscent of the Buck 110s we've all grown so accustomed to.

I think the Brass bolsters and the brass bullet shield are going to make for a very classic and sharp looking knife, I will be looking forward to seeing these in production.

I Was replying about the person above wished this was a 4 incher.

I Feel 4 inch is too big for a slip joint. I carry a case trapper and it is 4 inches. I will probably give it away if i can snag a brass bullet shield 44.

When i said closer i meant 3.750 or 3.875. I dont see too many complaints about the 77 or the shuffler...

I Was replying about the person above wished this was a 4 incher.

I Feel 4 inch is too big for a slip joint. I carry a case trapper and it is 4 inches. I will probably give it away if i can snag a brass bullet shield 44.
Ahh, I see. I missed that point. Yea, I agree 4" is too large for this shape. 3.5" is perfect.

My thoughts were the corner of the bolster could dig into your hand and it might not if it was at tad longer thats all

I am so weak. I just figured out the GEC 43 is 4.25 inches long.

Clearly too large, ungainly, awkward, but I am getting one anyways.

Which to choose, I was all set till they went brass on me. I have always wanted no brass not more.

It could still be neat because its at least all the same.

Back