1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Bring back 710!

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by sharp_edge, Mar 21, 2018.

1. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    I know. I kick myself for not grabbing another 710 when it was discontinued.

Pilsner likes this.
  2. Pilsner

Pilsner Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 28, 2017
    It was a naughty purchase for me. Not available in the UK, had to pay shipping and punitive customs charges. The missus is none the wiser... :cool:

wdriver and Jake1911 like this.
  3. Pilsner

Oct 28, 2017
    It’s funny, looking back at the history of the 710. Back then the ‘tactical’ aspect of it was heavily commented on. Yet, for some of us it has always been a cracking EDC blade. Of course, it is actually a pretty decent design for those of a murdery disposition. But I just like using the damn thing.

Although I sharpened it for years free hand on bench stones, the Work Sharp is so very useful for a recurve. Not ashamed to admit it! :D

It’s one of the few knives I could really wax lyrical about. Just a seminal design, I guess.

4. Keyman

Keyman KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 26, 2001
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    Chariotz4, Mikke, Jake1911 and 2 others like this.
  5. willc

willc Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 13, 2013
    I always liked the 710.

Why they discontinued it is beyond me, it always seemed like a good seller.
    As far as popularity it would be like Spyderco discontinuing the Endura.

Perplexing.

jeepin and Pilsner like this.
  6. Pilsner

Oct 28, 2017
    Utterly so.

willc likes this.
  7. sharkattacksw

sharkattacksw

Aug 4, 2008
    I agree. perhaps @Benchmade can add shed some light on this,

jeepin likes this.
  8. godzilla78

godzilla78

Jan 30, 2014
    [​IMG]

Physk likes this.
  9. sre1

sre1

Feb 7, 2013
    [​IMG]

Physk and Jake1911 like this.
  10. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The 710 in M390 is a near perfect knife for me; blade length and shape, handle shape and proportions, lock, clip (blue spacers hahaha :thumbsup: :thumbsup:).
    Get that extra spacer in there in the middle of it's length and I am there. Ti liners would be awesomelishous.

PAY ATTENTION TO THE SMALL DETAILS (pivot tolerances, blade tip well buried when close) and it would be a super knife.
    My grail has Ti liners and the very last knife I purchased has Ti (a frame lock) so I'm a sucker for Ti.

Physk likes this.
  11. Wowbagger

Sep 20, 2015
    you said it !

12. Wowbagger

Sep 20, 2015
    Cold Steel discontinued the Holdouts about that time.
    More than one company had their head up in a dark place.

13. Fattires

Fattires Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 10, 2017
    I was late to the knife scene and missed the 710. I would like to have one to use on the fary. Think it would be ideal for that. I like my PM2 for that role but it takes up a lot of pocket. Bring it back in about any steel and I'll buy.

14. Kyle78

Kyle78 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 27, 2011
    I believe Benchmade stated on their forum it was discontinued because they weren't selling well enough anymore. They purged a lot of long running models a couple years ago, right before the Freek was introduced.

15. JNewell

JNewell

Nov 18, 2005
    Part of the answer to both posts is that this amazing folder was made for 15+ years and there are a LOT of them out there on the used market.

16. Jake1911

Jake1911

Mar 27, 2016
    I never want these to dry up, I bought a minty used one still in its box as soon as I decided I needed to try a Benchmade and I love the damn thing, almost hard to use it. If I ever condense my collection this will be one of the keepers! PhotoEditor-1522609560661.jpg

Other knives in the photo are for size reference, I rotate between them but I'm pretty hard on my stuff so the 710 only comes out on special occasions, Opi and ZT see the most time in my pocket; but only because I just have the one 710! Need moar

17. Jake1911

Jake1911

Mar 27, 2016
    I'd love to get my hands on a new 707 or 705 as well

18. jaypowell0185

jaypowell0185 Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2013
    We need a new one with M4

Jake1911 likes this.
  19. JNewell

JNewell

Nov 18, 2005
    I still have two of the 705. One is satin PE ATS-34 and the other is black PE 154CM. OK, yeah, the 705 is a little thick for its blade length, but it is such a sweet and convenient knife. The 707 appealed to me more on paper but never in the hand - not sure why. I'd love to see someone sponsor a limited run 705.

20. DrRollinstein

DrRollinstein Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    I missed the 710, but it only took a few pictures to convince me that it needs to return. It looks like a pretty sick knife.