Bring back Cliff

Status
Not open for further replies.
As mentioned before above....I would rather have knife makers posting on these forums than Cliff.

The day that Cliff started talking down to Wayne Goddard like he was a child was the day that I wished for Cliff's speedy exit. Disagreeing with someone is one thing but talking down to a person who has done more knife testing that just about any custom maker (or just about any other person on the planet) is unwarranted.

I hope the door didn't hit Cliff in the butt to hard on the way out...other than that I have no sentiment for him.

Cliff treated many folks the same way he treated Wayne.

Of course there are those here that find that OK. I hope one day they come to realize that treating people as Cliff chose to treat some of them is not OK.

Then there are those who actually know better thankfully those are the ones who make the knife community what it is.

I don't really have a horse in this contest. I've only been a member for a short time and haven't posted much, but have lurked for longer. I quickly realized the Cliff was knowledgeable, but that he considered himself the World's Leading Authority (on just about everything). I knew that anything that I read from him would need to be filtered through that.

I didn't know that he was a PhD, but now that it's been mentioned here I'm not surprised. Some of the bitterest, most personal political in-fighting happens in academia, from what I've seen in time in universities. Once a person has tenure, he or she can say and do just about anything without consequences. Often, the bitterest fights are over some of the least important points: with so little at stake, the personalities take over in a fight to the death.

In the time I've been running forums sites, I've never seen anyone who caused as many problems as Cliff Stamp. I've defended him numerous times, but the facts remain that Cliff caused more problems than he solved.

No one forced him to keep going further and further out onto thin ice. He's been given 9+ years of opportunities. He crossed the line for me with his posting, and it's his own fault. The knowledge that he has is not worth the problems he brings.

He's not coming back. Deal with it, and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back