Buck fixed blade Fridays

Buck had a smaller version of this for the BOTM a while back that was sold out before I could grab one. I am not sure why I have kitchen cutlery out in the herb garden...

k67O0wx.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know which comes around quicker, Sunday or Friday. Both always sneak up on me.
This week I have a 102 fixed blade partnered with a 501. Ducks Unlimited knife sets were made in great numbers, they are the Girl Scout Cookies of the knife world, used for fund raising at DU banquets all across the country. 3,700 of these sets were offered at banquets about 1992/93. I believe they were originally a 3 piece set including a 703 also.

Du 102.501_zpswcodqisy.jpgDU 102.501 Sheath_zpsub90b8qo.jpg

Alone Alone I like the picture. :thumbsup: I've got a large wood disc I save from a Hackberry tree currently drying. I hope to use it for a photo prop in the future. The wear pattern on you 104 clearly gives away the fact the the blade is hollow ground. This knife was also offered in a flat grind, There are coated and uncoated variations also.

Last edited:
Alone Alone I like the picture. :thumbsup: I've got a large wood disc I save from a Hackberry tree currently drying. I hope to use it for a photo prop in the future. The wear pattern on you 104 clearly gives away the fact the the blade is hollow ground. This knife was also offered in a flat grind, There are coated and uncoated variations also.
I'll try to get some pics up this weekend but I may have 3 versions of the 104: hollow, flat and sabre grinds.

The experts can chime in and correct me though.

I don't recall a sabre grind on the 104
I have two wooden handle versions that were purchased at the last sale. One is definitely a flat grind and the other is slightly different than the off-the-shelf 104. There were a few members that snagged some of these as well (Mike) and posted pics some months back.

We have family coming over soon for a large brunch (now that our restrictions have been lifted) but I'll get on some pics ASAP.

Up late tonight... just realized that it's now Friday, so I'm going to start things off for this week's "fixed blade Friday" with this Legacy Kalinga that arrived
a few days ago. Without the recent change made to the BCCI/Pro discount that extended it to this knife, buying one had been too rich for my blood.

I had been eyeing it throughout 2021, and when I saw that the Kalinga was dropped for 2022, I just had to get one. I ordered it just in time too, as
there were only 3 available when I placed my order, and it was sold out shortly thereafter.

W1Vte4vl.jpg
I see there's a retailer selling these off below MAP.
Heck when you look at what folks are selling used ones for on the bay.
I found I too had to have one.

c&c

Thanks.

Back