Buck fixed blade Fridays

Here's a 113 that Buck has done in walnut, real walnut😊...
QwRVVqI.jpg

Classy looking sheath too. Looks beefy and long lasting. Didn't skimp on that one. My 66 made Puma Skinner does not have as heavy duty a looking sheath. Like how all the knives pictured are in mint conditioned even if used. Pays to keep em like that as ain't gettin any cheaper.

When I did the re-handle of my 124, I originally was going to use ivory Corian, but switched to Buckeye Burl after getting a 119 from the custom shop with Buckeye Burl.

I just may need to buy another 124 and do the Corian... that has a real classy look, like something you'd wear for a formal dinner affair versus a BBQ :D

Not sure I've shown this one in this thread.

One of the better Legacy knives from a few years back.

197 Yellow Jacket
S90V between 2 layers of 154CM.
This particular model gave hope that some really unique and modern special editions were on the horizon. Apparently Caleb was muzzled after this one...

A touch longer than the Vanguard, and a great handle!

I can’t post pictures but my best buck fixed blade is my BuckMaster 184.

Since I too just got a Buck 184 'Buckmaster' hollow handle survival knife, I figured I just have to include it here. It too is now my favorite Buck knife in my collection, with my Cocobolo/brass handled General 120 having been my favorite before it...

20220310_173647_(1)_(1).jpg20220310_173704_(1).jpg20220310_173739_(1).jpg20220310_173751_(1).jpg20220310_173716_(1).jpg20220310_174013_(1).jpg

Last edited:

I know this is a pic thread, but I have to ask...Are those custom wood scales, did you dye the originals, or are they custom Micarta or G-10? Whatever they are, they're gorgeous.

I've dyed Micarta before with some good luck, but never even thought about doing that to my "Compadre" set. I've never really been a fan of the "natural" canvas color (*on most brands) and reckon that's the one thing I would change about my Compadres.

I know this is a pic thread, but I have to ask...Are those custom wood scales, did you dye the originals, or are they custom Micarta or G-10? Whatever they are, they're gorgeous.

I've dyed Micarta before with some good luck, but never even thought about doing that to my "Compadre" set. I've never really been a fan of the "natural" canvas color (*on most brands) and reckon that's the one thing I would change about my Compadres.
Good question.
I was wondering myself.
I agree, they look good.

They are the stock natural scales with a one step walnut stain with sealer. The only thing I like about the color of natural micarta is you can change the color to just about any color you want . Thanks :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back