Buck Vanguard question for you guys.

Yeah on the Cabelas Alaskan Guide Series Vanguard (2nd knife down from top). It costs more because it is in S30V and I suspect has a nicer sheath. I have seen molded nylon sheaths with standard issue 192's. I think it's a pretty nice knife and I generally don't care for "black blades", but this one is okay to me.

Yeah, that's a beauty for sure 22-rimfire 22-rimfire .

The 192 is a very easy to carry knife in the field (belt). It is not a knife you would want to beat to death batoning, but I suspect a little would be just fine. Just be careful. Looking forward to what you think of the 192 when you get it. Have you handled these before or are you simply looking at pictures? I noticed that there are still lots of GEC Oregon Trappers (#43) at GEC dealers; mostly bone handled ones. I will say that you have to want it as it is not a cheap knife. The larger GEC sizes all seem to be over $100.

What happened to report and move on? Maybe send the member a private message to remind them of the rule? Instead the discussion of rule violations and the application of the deal spotting rule inevitably adds several off topic posts to the thread that distracts from the original topic which does indeed have knife content. Which I guess I myself am guilty of by posting this now.

It seems more helpful to point out the less-obvious rules to our newer friends like sparklygalaxy so they avoid getting in trouble, rather than just reporting them. I'd rather take a few minutes out to help rather than just "report and move on."

And the mods are busy.

And the functioning/ground rules of the site never seem "off topic" to me, especially on the context of helping our newer members out.

You certainly can feel free to skip any posts I make on the topic. :thumbsup: Wont hurt my feelings! :)

Sparkly, I wanted to correct something I posted in your whaler thread... I said the the #36 was LARGER than the Whaler. I still haven't gotten dimensions, but there is a picture over in the Traditional Forum with both a Sunfish and Whaler side by side. The Whaler is a BEAST and larger than the Sunfish. That results in sheath/pouch issues which was a topic of discussion.

What happened to report and move on? Maybe send the member a private message to remind them of the rule? Instead the discussion of rule violations and the application of the deal spotting rule inevitaebly adds several off topic posts to the thread that distracts from the original topic which does indeed have knife content. Which I guess I myself am guilty of by posting this now.

It doesn’t really matter. The OP started the thread asking for help, and in less than 8 hours later, had pulled the trigger on the purchase. So at that point, anything else is off topic. Patience is not strong with this one. ;)

It doesn’t really matter. The OP started the thread asking for help, and in less than 8 hours later, had pulled the trigger on the purchase. So at that point, anything else is off topic. Patience is not strong with this one. ;)
I think this is probably true of many threads where the OP is actually intending to buy very soon... they have pretty much decided on what they intend to buy regardless of what they might have posted and not particularly open to other suggestions. This isn't necessarily true with this one, but still a common trait in threads.

A while ago (when I was a gold member) I posted a thread looking for a 3-man tent (versus 2 man) for just me to use. It would give me a little room for keeping stuff out of the weather rather than being packed with people. I got a answer that I was comfortable with and ordered. I closed the thread and I got the impression that folks didn't care for that approach with the reasoning being that others may have the same thoughts or need.

So threads might be useful information to others even after the OP makes a decision personally.

20180517_152123.jpg

20180517_152132.jpg

Wow, it is so beautiful. ♡ I love it you guys!! ^_^

That's the same sheath that came with my coated S30V exclusive model and I think it's pretty high quality.
Congrats on your newest purchase Sparkly, it's a good looking blade

As long as you're happy! Now use the damn thing. ;) Don't be like me and never use it. I have others that I like better, but why did I spend the money in the first place? Who knows? Must be a character flaw. As mentioned, that is the same sheath as the one I have (Cabela's version).

Back