Busse Combat Is Proud To Introduce The TacSaw 7 . . .Coming Sunday, May14, 2023 At 9:00PM Eastern!!!

So, this looks awesome, however I've never had a Sawback blade. One question, can I, if needed, still baton with it? 🍺
Sure you can, it is still very much 100% Busse which means that it is made to he used and used hard! Lol, about the only thing I'd recommend not doing is hitting the spine with a hammer or anything similarly hard ofcourse the saw teeth are going to chew up a baton very quickly but in a pinch it is going to get the job done and do not worry you're not going to damage those saw teeth doing anything normal with the knife it is the materials they come in contact with you have to worry about 😝💪🔪🤘 hope this helps...

Looks like the ultimate bushcraft. Tough decision but in for a stonewashed / black canvas micarta. 20 plus years ago Microtech began using stonewash and claimed it "peened" the surface better than beadblast thereby helping corrosion resistance. Looks like little diamonds reflecting light in all directions. :thumbsup:

Looks like the ultimate bushcraft. Tough decision but in for a stonewashed / black canvas micarta. 20 plus years ago Microtech began using stonewash and claimed it "peened" the surface better than beadblast thereby helping corrosion resistance. Looks like little diamonds reflecting light in all directions. :thumbsup:

The last call sucked me in and I followed Chiefs selections on this one. Another sawback for the collection 🙂

Dinged and shipped. Satin with Black/ Red G10, should have it Tuesday

Last edited:
I just realized that having gone thru Dann near triple digits of different Busse knives, I don't think I ever tried/had one with a Tac Handle...
I don't think anything can beat Fusion Handle (not even the Ergo 😎) imho...
But I won't knock it till I try it.

I like the Ratweiler handle best and the fusion is a close second but both are too curved to be useful when you flip it over to use the saw. I do have an older SJTAC with a 6" blade that I use quite a bit when I want a smaller knife for car camping. I like the handle but I have smaller hands, I can imagine someone with large hands may not like it as much.

So, for those who have received their Tacsaws already, do they fit in your SJT7 sheaths?

Wait, probably not as it doesn’t have the same drop point.

Back