• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Busse Scrap Yard?

Thanks Rat!!! How many different Busse knife companies are there?? They breed like rabbits!!! :D
Busse Combat
SRKW
Scrap Yard

Got a Scrapper 6, had the edge thinned out. Chopped cherry. Still shaves. Gotta love it! :) Waiting for the Bowie....

Anyone find it funny that "Rat" was the first person to tell the guy where to find Scrapyard on the Busse forum?

If that ain't the trifecta, I dunno what is.

3 companies, back to back, 8hr shifts,... that factory is cranking 24hrs.
Busse- SwampRat- Scrap Yard.
All family as i understand it...

New here but it seems to me that Mr Busse would be better served and sell more knives if he made the web site a bit more user friendly, had a selection of knives to choose from in all different styles instead of a handfull (and I mean that literally), and used the employees to make knives instead of making baby companies. I have 2 of his knives and like them very much. The BS of trying to find them is not worth the end result though. Possibly he is making all the money he needs and putting out all the product he wished to so that the market is always in need.
Just my opinion.

New here but it seems to me that Mr Busse would be better served and sell more knives if he made the web site a bit more user friendly, had a selection of knives to choose from in all different styles instead of a handfull (and I mean that literally), and used the employees to make knives instead of making baby companies. I have 2 of his knives and like them very much. The BS of trying to find them is not worth the end result though. Possibly he is making all the money he needs and putting out all the product he wished to so that the market is always in need.
Just my opinion.

I am not alone in preferring the current system. It is better for me, the customer. When Busse offered a full line, wait times were becoming excessive. Look at Randall- years of waiting. Are you really saying you would rather wait 4 or 5 years for your knife?

If you don't think it is worth the minimal effort required to get the knives, why not buy something else?

Just my opinion.

Be patient.

I've been at it about a year now and have more INFI than I can afford.

It is worth the effort.

Right now, this minute, get on www.bussecombat.com and order a CG and LE Fusion Battle Mistress.

If you have $2000, get two of each.

You'll hate yourself later if you don't. They may not be available tomorrow.

I do buy others. I do so now because his are so hard to find. I bought my Busse's several years ago. When I did, I do not remember any secret hiding places on the web page to find the knives, I had several selections to choose from, and I did not wait to get them. They were available, advertised clearly on the site, and shipped in a very reasonable time frame. I went to the site tonight and there are virtually no products to purchase. I saw 3 AK47's and 2 War Boars (while realizing that it is entirely possible that I did not look in the correct secret spot)! My point is: For a company as well known as they are, If the demand is so great that they have spin off shops out their ears, why are they not utilizing their employees to fill the basic demand of the customers with their original shop? Expand it. Why spin off more of the same styles with more secret hiding places to see their products? (As you can see that irritates me greatly as a consumer of reasonably high priced sharp objects) Do they make more money by limiting the number of each specific model? The secondary market doesn't pad their pocket even though the production limits make them more valuable after they are out of production and therefore possibly increases the mystique or some junk like that. I would just like to be able to go to Busse Combat, click on the knives link or order link or whatever that easily found, and see a large selection of knives that I can choose from that are available for purchase or made to order. I dont think that is too much to ask for. I am not inclined to wait years for any knife from any maker. Randalls included. Instant gratification and all. I know he is a moderator here and want him to hear my opinion. Then of course he can do it the way he wants to and I will stick with only owning 2 of his knives instead of buying more. Possibly this should be posted in a "Rant" thread...edit, Ok correction, I did see 2 other models available without looking too hard.

The site with the AK and War Boar is the Busse company store. idahoskunk runs it, and orders a bunch of each run of knives offered from Busse, available for immediate delivery.

www.bussecombat.com is the site for ordering knives directly from the company. There is not a limit to the number of knives produced. They offer one to two models at a time. There are also occasional "extravaganzaaas" here on the forums. Offering fewer models is more efficient, and allows for more handle and coating options. Despite how things were several years ago, the demand has been ever increasing, and the new protocol allows for the shortest possible wait times.

I would just like to be able to go to Busse Combat, click on the knives link or order link or whatever that easily found, and see a large selection of knives that I can choose from that are available for purchase or made to order. I dont think that is too much to ask for. I am not inclined to wait years for any knife from any maker. Randalls included. Instant gratification and all.

You don't want to wait, but you are recommending a system that would create insanely long wait times?

Stick around more than one day, and you will likely find that the current system works well, and there are far more knives available than most sane people can afford.

I do buy others. I do so now because his are so hard to find. I bought my Busse's several years ago. When I did, I do not remember any secret hiding places on the web page to find the knives, I had several selections to choose from, and I did not wait to get them. They were available, advertised clearly on the site, and shipped in a very reasonable time frame. I went to the site tonight and there are virtually no products to purchase. I saw 3 AK47's and 2 War Boars (while realizing that it is entirely possible that I did not look in the correct secret spot)! My point is: For a company as well known as they are, If the demand is so great that they have spin off shops out their ears, why are they not utilizing their employees to fill the basic demand of the customers with their original shop? Expand it. Why spin off more of the same styles with more secret hiding places to see their products? (As you can see that irritates me greatly as a consumer of reasonably high priced sharp objects) Do they make more money by limiting the number of each specific model? The secondary market doesn't pad their pocket even though the production limits make them more valuable after they are out of production and therefore possibly increases the mystique or some junk like that. I would just like to be able to go to Busse Combat, click on the knives link or order link or whatever that easily found, and see a large selection of knives that I can choose from that are available for purchase or made to order. I dont think that is too much to ask for. I am not inclined to wait years for any knife from any maker. Randalls included. Instant gratification and all. I know he is a moderator here and want him to hear my opinion. Then of course he can do it the way he wants to and I will stick with only owning 2 of his knives instead of buying more. Possibly this should be posted in a "Rant" thread...edit, Ok correction, I did see 2 other models available without looking too hard.

Trust me, my friend. I am sympathetic to your point of view. But you're running down a tunnel with no cheese at the end.

Back