Busses and Guns

Now we have to have a pic of that round with a Busse and some rounds of common calibers for us common folk to see what your working with

Ok.....but staying true to the theme of Busse and Guns.

Here is my latest B.I.G. ASH ..... various common rounds ..... and a recent addition Sig P250

011_zpsf292081c.jpg

and a closer shot of various calibers from left to right........ .22lr, .25, .380, 9mm, 38 spl, 357 mag, .45ACP & the .475 Wildey Magnum

009_zps19b6658d.jpg

Some additional info I found on this rare caliber.

The .475 Wildey Magnum Cartridge

The Wildey pistol was introduced chambered in .45 Winchester Magnum. This powerful 45 is basically a .45 ACP lengthened .300". Both cases are the same .476" diameter. To build an autoloading pistol that would fire bigger bullets a new case was needed. The 30-06 case was no help. True the .44 Auto Mag pistol was based on this case but case diameter is .470". The .284 Winchester case caught Wil Moore's eye. The .284 is a rebated rimless case. The rim diameter is the same as the 30-06, .473" but the body of the case is wider with a max diameter of .500". Perfect! Wil cut down the .284 case to the maximum length of the .45 Winchester. After inside neck sizing the case took a .475 diameter bullet.
Ballistic testing would prove Wildey J. Moore had developed the most powerful pistol cartridge. Best of all his Wildey Pistol design was rugged enough to shoot this cartridge and the patented gas system would help the average shooter deal with recoil.
Today if you really cared to, you could convert .284 brass to .475 Wildey Magnum but the availability of commercial brass allows you to spend time on more enjoyable things like shooting this powerful cartridge, the .475 Wildey Magnum.

Last edited:
Busses and guns?! I'm afraid I don't know anything about either. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once, and I found this pic on the internet.

It kinda is that they have less parts. I'd rather rely on a recoil spring and a magazine spring than a hand and a pawl with their springs anyday. But whatevs. In keeping with the rules...

Attachments

• BsNGs.jpg
    BsNGs.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 125
Older pic of my TRS and the TANK :)
1zb9th3.jpg

And quite a few more Guns and blades escaped my object lenses :)

cool thread, i will take a pic..feel like infi and a Jm stamped marlin would go together well..

Here's some of mine...
I'm pretty jealous of some of the guns you folks get to own and carry :cool:

Good Old 45 and a Steel Heart

9mm and a NMSFH

M305 and a HG55

SG540 and the Basics ?

Remington and a Mistress

Gotta have a 22 and a AMS

This is a fun thread !

Last edited:
Back