Bye bye wood?

Just placed an order for the spalted beech Mnandi. =) Should be here by the time they hit their retailers (roughly 4-6 months).

I hope they haven't exhausted the supply of snake wood!

I believe snakewood is one of the rarest woods that they've used. From what I've read, only the deep inside of the tree is beautifully patterned. It's diameter is already pretty small so the yield from these trees are extremely low.

I believe snakewood is one of the rarest woods that they've used. From what I've read, only the deep inside of the tree is beautifully patterned. It's diameter is already pretty small so the yield from these trees are extremely low.

I've seen a lot of the snakewood around up to now. I honestly thought it was the more easier one to get a hold off along with Bocote.

However, they are being discontinued, so I guess it will be a bit rare in the coming months...

Just placed order for spalted beech Mnandi, they said hopefully by Christmas. Would make a great Christmas present for myself. Currently have on CRK 25 carbon fiber, been wanting to add a mnandi for some time

I wish they offered Micarta as an inlay option for the Mnandi.
That would be an interesting option and I'd love to handle one if they ever do. I have a box elder Mnandi that I bought 7-8 years ago in my bank box and I have a ebony Mnandi that I carry. I just ordered and received my first small sebenza and I'm trying to decide whether to keep it or try a small Inkosi. So many knifes, so little money.

I accidentally ran my ebony Mnandi through the washing machine the other day. Caught it before it went through the dryer. I soaked it in mineral overnight and hope that keeps the wood inlays in decent shape. Anyone have any tips on anything else I need to do to the knife to keep it in as great shape as possible in this situation?

Second

1455ea20b67daafae687174be1edc2d4.jpg

Thanks Lone Wolf. Are you looking for new or used or both Mnandis from 2012-13? Not ready to sell any of mine at this point, just curious.

Old nail nick, new pivot from early 2012 or 2011, yes.

Old nail nick, new pivot from early 2012 or 2011, yes.
Lone Wolf - one of my EDC Mandis might be one that you are interested in. I'm not sure of the year I bought it but figured you could tell if I post a picture. I have the box, paperwork, invoice, etc out in the garage. Posting a picture would be easier than digging through the garage piles. Let me know if you want to see it. I'm not actively trying to sell it, but a decent price might make me let it go.

Looking like a sales ad there^

Back