Camillus and Schrade of Old Given Short Shrift Now-A-Days

IMG-1998.jpg

I got my USA 897UH out yesterday just to handle and admire it. I can't seem to get over the "too nice to carry" feeling about it. After all, they aren't making any more of them! :(
That is true, but they the USA made models are plentiful enough, and cheap enough (compare to Case prices today, and compare to GEC) - you can afford to have a couple, one to keep and others to carry. Still the best value out there in a pocketknife (IMO). OH

That is true, but they the USA made models are plentiful enough, and cheap enough (compare to Case prices today, and compare to GEC) - you can afford to have a couple, one to keep and others to carry. Still the best value out there in a pocketknife (IMO). OH
Good idea, I need to keep an eye out for another one. I'd like to find a 98OT, also. Here's my 897UH taken 4.5 years ago just after i bought it, still new in the box.

49461580231_d89b2e5f05_b.jpg

Some nice Schrades shown lately!!

Time for some Camillus knives; a great and large company in its time!! Here are two jacks that I haven't had out in a while - I swear I don't need more knives - I just find a couple I haven't seen for a couple of years for the same satisfaction!!! šŸ˜
Anyhoo - here are two great Jacks, both ~3 1/2" long with differing-era jigged bone handles!!Jigged Jacks .jpgThe top one is a nice serpentine Jack with Rattail bolsters, and older style jigging!!Jigged Serp Jack 1.jpgJigged Serp Jack 2.jpg
Both blades are stamped, and this knife is the older one - early 1940s is my guess; marked "Sword Brand"!

The second knife is a Regular Jack, with a nice broad blade, meant to last!!
Plain-bolstered and capped, it is still a nice knife for its utilitarian features; no shield, but wearing what I see as late Rodgers bone!!Jigged Regular Jack 1.jpgJigged Regular Jack 2.jpg
Pattern number 12 on this one!!
Both nice knives in excellent condition.This last one is a later Camillus production, but from well before they closed!!

Some nice Schrades shown lately!!

Time for some Camillus knives; a great and large company in its time!! Here are two jacks that I haven't had out in a while - I swear I don't need more knives - I just find a couple I haven't seen for a couple of years for the same satisfaction!!! šŸ˜
Anyhoo - here are two great Jacks, both ~3 1/2" long with differing-era jigged bone handles!!View attachment 2586344The top one is a nice serpentine Jack with Rattail bolsters, and older style jigging!!View attachment 2586346View attachment 2586347
Both blades are stamped, and this knife is the older one - early 1940s is my guess; marked "Sword Brand"!

The second knife is a Regular Jack, with a nice broad blade, meant to last!!
Plain-bolstered and capped, it is still a nice knife for its utilitarian features; no shield, but wearing what I see as late Rodgers bone!!View attachment 2586372View attachment 2586374
Pattern number 12 on this one!!
Both nice knives in excellent condition.This last one is a later Camillus production, but from well before they closed!!
I have always been very fond of the Rodgers bone that Camillus used. Nice knives.

I found this one yesterday and couldn't resist -- USA Uncle Henry LB5. No box, but otherwise it appears to be "factory new", Looks like this is my seventh Schrade and will join my 885UH, 897UH, 807UH, SC505 (1989), SP1, and 167. I didn't realize I had that many Schrades until I started adding them up! :oops:

53777923969_dda1e4e82b_b.jpg

Back