CAMPBELLCLANMAN'S PHOTO COMPETITION GIVEAWAY *WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Great GAW :) I can't resist!

My pooches with traditional knives :thumbsup:

Max is a big lump of awesomeness...but isn't very impressed with my tortoise shell 66.
Max.jpg

Taz was a senior rescue we got him when he was ~10 years old. He doesn't see or hear very well but he loves my 78...take my word for it.
Taz.jpg

Somewhere deep in Yosemite...ready for adventure.
ReadyToGo.jpg

Cathedral Peak, Yosemite, as seen from lower Cathedral Lake.
Cathedral.jpg

Dinner! (Upper Chain Lake, Yosemite)
Fish.jpg

Thank you Duncan for the GAW and so much more you bring to the porch. I am in please. Her name is Willow. She is as much family as anyone. She's traveled coast to coast with us many tens of thousands of miles. Hiked, canoed, kayaked, jeeped, 4-wheeled, swam, surfed, rock climbed, rv-ed, camped, bivouacked, cycled... you get the idea.:)
A young picture and a recent one. She will be 7 in November.DSC_0488.JPGfullsizeoutput_6c6.jpeg fullsizeoutput_6c9.jpeg San Juan river above Mexican Hat

Excellent GAW, and excellent knives. as I have reason to know. I'm glad you found you knife; it's hard when you lose something that provokes memories. Here's a shot of my Weidmannsheil Scout. Call it strange, but I prefer these scales. Queen obviously calls to my subconscious.

YGASrr8.jpg

And here's a pic from where I go to watch the sun go down and clear my mind. The ferry coming back from McNeil Island on a calm evening.

l9jIGhu.jpg

Gunny's worried because I'm leaving in the truck without him. That's not allowed.
IMG_0213-X2.jpg

Daisy
FullSizeRender-X2.jpg

My wife, the dogs & I run across all kinds of wildlife on our daily walks, from garter snakes, to the occasional bald eagle, to black bears. I'm just glad I had a knife along for protection on this particular day.
DSC00078-X2.jpg

That must be a record for the length of time a knife was lost, Duncan!!:eek:
I hope the next owner/keeper enjoys it!:)
Great GA thread!! I am enjoying it thoroughly!
Definitely not an entry, for obvious reasons!!:rolleyes:
Keep up the good work friends; Duncan and Entries!!
(Great adventure pics , Barry!!)

2d84z9f.jpg

This is Tater, brings much joy into my life. Oddly enough I can share a pic of my beloved pet, and a traditional knife in the same pic! I had been using it to cut some tags( I think) from a new shirt, or pants, anyways I closed it and set it on the bed near Tater. Whereupon she immediately seized it, claimed it as her own, and give me her best " MINE human!" look lol.

Thank you EVERYONE so far who have come on in and had some nice words to say, and to share their friends and Knives with us - real Heartwarming stuff.
I just got off the floor from lying next to Izzy - shes a lot older than you see in the Avatar, My lovely old Girl is so old, wee bit stinky, so slow, loosing her hearing I have noticed lately...but she's loved- lots 'n lot and has lots of nice soft Beds everywhere for her. Its amazing how much we love these gorgeous friends of ours isnt it!

Here she is- these photos are about a year old ...

qkBqpOr.jpg

xF28TDN.jpg

And tonight in front of her Heater......

1dABbTB.jpg

im quite sure no one wants to see my burlap sac/desk :D:D:D thanks Duncan for the opportunity! Glad you found the knife and it didn't need any buffing :eek:;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the great GAW. Fantastic knives.
I don't have any pets at this stage of my life, but I am a fan of the San Diego Zoo. Here' s a pic of the zoo's famous panda.
IMG_4953.JPG

Fourth of July fireworks show this summer San Clemente, CA.
IMG_4929.PNG

A 99 at the Pacific ocean, a long way from Wall Street.

WP_20150115_14_45_06_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Pets, check (One German Shepherd and two Louisiana Leopard Catahoula Hounds.)

Knife, check (Sheepfoot from Sheffield seems appropriate for this GAW.)

Wildlife photo, check (This was left behind by a very large Bobcat that was not detected by the above mentioned pets. Luckily there were no casualties among my chicken flock.)

I am in Duncan, thanks for your generosity.

View attachment 982855 View attachment 982856 View attachment 982857

Duncan, a terrific giveaway and even better sentiments behind it. Though I have yet to lose a favorite knife (knock on wood), I do know the feeling of having lost or misplaced a knife in general, though I cannot quite relate to that gutted feeling that I suspect comes with losing a knife that is near and dear. I can only imagine that sense of joy and the huge smile that must have been on your face when you found that long lost TC though and that is certainly something.

A tremendous gesture on your part and I would be honored to enter if I may. Some of you folks here know that I got a new pup a few months ago and he has become quite the lad. I take him practically everywhere. He goes with me on my regular walks, he goes with us to my daughter's soccer games, I take him on my hikes. He is just a terrific companion in every sense of the word and I really couldn't imagine my life without him.

First up is a picture of young Saxon when I picked him up from the Kennel he was born in.

x89DslQ.jpg

Fast forward a little ways and here he is in the background, running pell-mell to and fro whilst I was attempting to capture a picture or two of some knives.

8Ch8fZw.jpg

Here he is when he accompanied me on one of my last hikes of the summer.

F8Jh5wB.jpg

(more knife content) From the same hike.

VjwzL3k.jpg

Saxon beginning to grow into those big feet of his.

7LROmId.jpg

Here he is in a pic from a few days ago. He always insists on sitting in a chair like the rest of us civilized folks. :D

JECWDqO.jpg

Thank you, Duncan. Best of luck to everyone!

Thanks for the chance. I like seeing everyone's animal pals.
Here's my good buddy Yoshikaze, as he was, sitting next to me on the couch last night when I first read this thread. He was fully lounged, showing off his long legs. I pulled out my Nifebrite 14 from my pocket and put it next to him, but he didn't seem to care for some reason.

C0m7L4a.jpg

Also, for my second photo (I'll post two actually), here's a great blue heron I spotted last weekend on a little hike. I took the photos with my phone's camera through my binoculars, which turned out surprisingly well I thought:

rRFvi3f.jpg

cj79t3V.jpg

Duncan, let me start by saying what an incredible story that is about finding your long lost knife! I'm always excited to find a couple bucks in the pocket of a jacket I haven't worn in a while, but finding a favorite knife you thought was gone for good is really something!

Great idea for a GAW, I've really enjoyed the posts so far! I just scrolled through the thread while my 2 year old, Eleanor, sat beside me and loudly exclaimed all the types of animals she saw. "A PUPPY!! A LIZARD!! A BIRD!! A TURTLE!!" (@Jack Black, you stumped her with your hedgehog.) :D

This is our dog, Maggie. She's a 5 year old English Lab, and admittedly we take a lot less pictures of her now that we have the kiddo than we did when she was our only "child." I took these this afternoon while we were out on the front porch, with the Issard penknife I'm currently carrying. All Maggie was interested in doing was lying around. :rolleyes: :D

CnIqGg7.jpg

rEEunvE.jpg

rEYlbOJ.jpg

Here she is doing the same thing the day we brought her home.

TMW38vS.jpg

And here she is being a bit more active. :D

rH98uLT.jpg

DChDVmJ.jpg

You also asked for some outdoor/scenic photos. These first ones are from our trip to England last summer. We were staying with my brother and his family in Bath, and we spent one day driving to Stonehenge, then down to the coast to Durdle Door.

vyW6Orp.jpg

1oTU0tB.jpg

Here's the Ebony #25 I took on the trip with me on the beach at Durdle Door. (I thought the wet pebbles made for a nice photo backdrop, although I had to act quick before the waves came back up!)

gHGzNZG.jpg

Here are a few from Arizona. These first two are from the Grand Canyon:

6BAhOQh.jpg

8TNSPpU.jpg

This stone structure, built by the CCC, is at South Mountain Park in Phoenix.

1JHX3oP.jpg

This guy was crawling around inside. :eek:

xacktGK.jpg

"Doo, doo, doo, lookin' out my back door." This was in April, during the last snow storm of our first winter in Minnesota.

EJWzdu6.jpg

It was a good one! :D

yJU3YAo.jpg

Here are a few outdoor photos I took while showing Pearl some of around this part of Minnesota.

Lake Minnetonka, partially thawed:

TtIzlyg.jpg

Minnehaha Falls:

AFZNc5p.jpg

pKQjoUt.jpg

This is a footbridge that crosses Minnehaha Creek where it leaves Lake Minnetonka and heads down to the falls. Shortly past the falls, the creek empties into the Mississippi River.

qg4dWxk.jpg

Thanks again for a chance at an incredibly generous GAW, Duncan!

Duncan, let me start by saying what an incredible story that is about finding your long lost knife! I'm always excited to find a couple bucks in the pocket of a jacket I haven't worn in a while, but finding a favorite knife you thought was gone for good is really something!

Great idea for a GAW, I've really enjoyed the posts so far! I just scrolled through the thread while my 2 year old, Eleanor, sat beside me and loudly exclaimed all the types of animals she saw. "A PUPPY!! A LIZARD!! A BIRD!! A TURTLE!!" (@Jack Black, you stumped her with your hedgehog.) :D

This is our dog, Maggie. She's a 5 year old English Lab, and admittedly we take a lot less pictures of her now that we have the kiddo than we did when she was our only "child." I took these this afternoon while we were out on the front porch, with the Issard penknife I'm currently carrying. All Maggie was interested in doing was lying around. :rolleyes: :D

CnIqGg7.jpg

rEEunvE.jpg

rEYlbOJ.jpg

TMW38vS.jpg

rH98uLT.jpg

DChDVmJ.jpg

You also asked for some outdoor/scenic photos. These first ones are from our trip to England last summer. We were staying with my brother and his family in Bath, and we spent one day driving to Stonehenge, then down to the coast to Durdle Door.

vyW6Orp.jpg

1oTU0tB.jpg

Here's the Ebony #25 I took on the trip with me on the beach at Durdle Door. (I thought the wet pebbles made for a nice photo backdrop, although I had to act quick before the waves came back up!)

gHGzNZG.jpg

6BAhOQh.jpg

8TNSPpU.jpg

1JHX3oP.jpg

xacktGK.jpg

"Doo, doo, doo, lookin' out my back door." This was in April, during the last snow storm of our first winter in Minnesota.

EJWzdu6.jpg

yJU3YAo.jpg

Here are a few outdoor photos I took while showing Pearl some of around this part of Minnesota.

TtIzlyg.jpg

Minnehaha Falls:

AFZNc5p.jpg

pKQjoUt.jpg

This is a footbridge that crosses Minnehaha Creek where it leaves Lake Minnetonka and heads down to the falls. Shortly past the falls, the creek empties into the Mississippi River.

qg4dWxk.jpg

WOW Barrett, wonderful pic's every single one of them:thumbsup: I have been to the falls and walkbridge often:cool:

Great pictures everyone:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

CnIqGg7.jpg

rEEunvE.jpg

rEYlbOJ.jpg

TMW38vS.jpg

rH98uLT.jpg

DChDVmJ.jpg

vyW6Orp.jpg

1oTU0tB.jpg

gHGzNZG.jpg

6BAhOQh.jpg

8TNSPpU.jpg

1JHX3oP.jpg

xacktGK.jpg

EJWzdu6.jpg

yJU3YAo.jpg

TtIzlyg.jpg

Minnehaha Falls:

AFZNc5p.jpg

pKQjoUt.jpg

qg4dWxk.jpg

Beautiful dog and pictures my friend !!!! I thoroughly enjoyed them .

Harry

Great GAW :) I can't resist!

My pooches with traditional knives :thumbsup:

Max is a big lump of awesomeness...but isn't very impressed with my tortoise shell 66.
View attachment 982531

Taz was a senior rescue we got him when he was ~10 years old. He doesn't see or hear very well but he loves my 78...take my word for it.
View attachment 982532

Somewhere deep in Yosemite...ready for adventure.
View attachment 982533

Cathedral Peak, Yosemite, as seen from lower Cathedral Lake.
View attachment 982535

Dinner! (Upper Chain Lake, Yosemite)
View attachment 982534

Hmm looks like in your hiking photo your on the forest moon of Endor.... So that must mean, those are really some Ewoks you befriended...which must mean you been to a galaxy far far away? That's a really cool vacation :cool: ( sorry couldn't resist, ya little buddies do remind me of Ewoks)

Back