Photos Can i get a second opinion on my new Custom Buck? Am i overreacting?

I got my custom 110 buck knife in the mail a few days ago. It took 7 very long weeks as I was very excited about it and excited to show everyone. I lost my last 110 and they don't make that version anymore so I decided I'd get a custom one.
I'm not sure if maybe I was expecting too much or if im being too picky but I am not happy with the knife I got. The blade and everything else are perfect is the scales that bother me.I ordered the blue wood scales. I'm a woodworker so I know all about using natural materials and that my knife wasn't going to necessarily look exactly like the picture. What I didn't expect is for them to send me a knife with mismatching scales, splotchy and even missing stain on one. I assumed they would pick two scales that resembled each other. I haven't heard back from buck at all so maybe I'm over reacting and being one of those difficult to please customers. At the end of the day I spent $200 for a knife that I'm not excited about. What do yall think?
*First time posting on the site so met me know if the pictures don't show or if I broke a rule. First picture is the side that doesn't bother me, 2nd is the side that is splotchy and you can see bare wood,3rd picture is just a close up of that side.

dZzDtF1.jpeg
v8KIKeF.jpeg
0SLqBb4.jpeg

Even the best custom knife makers sometimes have covers which are mismatched, or lighter than one another. I've made my peace with it. The decision is yours alone.

Buck uses that awful pakkawood/plywood stuff, you will often see a pale layer peeking through. I think its a bit cheeky on Buck Custom's part, a set of nice stabilized dyed wood scales are only about $30.
I would send it back, if it bugs you now, it always will.

Oh look mate, it is good material, Ive used the black on kitchen knives, its nigh on indestructable, and easy to finish. I prefer the wood colours I think they help hide the layering though. Lol "frenchwood"

Just me.
I hate to return stuff and I know that those handles would bother me. So I would probably put it back into its box and put it away. 🥴I have more than a few knives that I have done that to. Like I said. Just me. 🤨
Do what is going to make you happy!!👍😁👍
John 🤠

I did try and contact buck when I recieved the knife and still haven't heard back. I wasn't sure if it was warranted or not, so i thought id ask others who like knives as much as me and see if i should follow through. I'm gonna go ahead and go through with sending it back, that is if I can get a response from customer service. Hopefully the warranty doesn't go out before I hear back from them.
Thanks yall!

I'm sure I'll get R'eeeeed but it looks OK to me.
Tough to tell from two non similar images.
I'm with Roger on this. wouldn't bother me, but doesn't matter what we think...it matters what you think. If it wasn't engraved with your name you could sell it to someone else. best bet is to call Buck and see what they will do for you.

oh and Roger...REEEEEE.😁

I dont think it would bother me either. If I wanted perfect matching sides, I wouldn't be looking at natural materials.
It's more unique this way which I do like. And if a user, it won't stay pristine anyway.
I do agree that you should expect some consistency when your knife is hand made to order. It's not like it's one of 10,000 with the same spec.
As others have said though, it's entirely your decision.
But... there's no guarantee you'll get a better matching pair.

That slightly raised lock bar would bother me (at least it looks raised in the pictures ?). But I am ocd about these things.

I don't doubt for a second that Buck will do everything they can to make you happy with your knife. That much is certain but please understand that Buck's ability to do so might be limited.

I seem to remember a post from several years ago from a Buck representative about the color variations of Indigo Blue wood. It was mentioned that they won't know the exact color until they finish processing the wood which I assume means all the way up to and including the final polishing.

I think it looks fine. But, like others said, who cares what I think? I am confident Buck will make it right for you. I like the blue wood and was thinking of getting a 112 in blue.

I agree with the guys who say:
1. It’s hard to tell from the pics.
2. It’s natural handle material so there will always be differences in scales.
3. It’s your knife, you know what you like, and spent your money on it.
and
4. Buck will do their best to make it right.

At the end of the day, all that matters is that you like your knife.

I edc a custom 112, but I have also thrown a custom 110 in the tool box after looking at it for 30 seconds. It looked horrible, but cuts good.

I think the second pictures showcases the difference the best, it's just a small photo and you have to zoom in on it. Definitely two noticeably different shades, the second being much lighter and splotchier. I would send it back, it's obviously going to niggle away at you.

Not sure where I've been, but $200 for a Buck? I need to pay more attention.

Back