Can you help rename this knife? (pictured)

lghunterbm.jpg

"Large Hunter" Temporary name

Overall: 8.75"

Bladelength: 4.5"

Blade gage: 5/32"

Blade Steel: Cryogenically treated ATS-34

Handle: Hand shaped black linen Micarta

Sheath: Kydex,with removable belt loop
This knife is shaped like a hunter. Would make a great hunter. Problem is, it is definetly a tactical knife. The knife is designed for back up carry, and good heavy utility type uses. Do you have any ideas for a good tactical name for it? Thanks in advance.

------------------
Lynn Griffith-Tactical Knifemaker
Winner of "Best Tactical Knife" at 1999 PKA show
My website
See my award winning "Spec Ops Tanto" in Gallery 3 of my website
GriffithKN@aol.com

You bet I can
smile.gif
!

"Progenitor"

"Sentient"

"Scavenger"

"Grey Angel"

Sincerely,
Adam

------------------
Self improvement is a hobby of mine :).

Neato a naming "contest!"

Let's see...fun time...

I've noticed quite a few knifemakers go for themes in all of their knives, of a series of knives.

How 'bout "Flatliner" with another in the series being "Flatfever, Flatgrinder, etc." It is flat ground right?

or..."Satan's Plaything" or "Widowmaker" an oldie but a goodie.

let's see "Hunter: Version 4.5" or a derivation thereof "Hunter 4.5"

The sad thing is that I'm actually having fun thinking about this...work is slow.

"Mankiller, Deathstalker, Muggerslayer" all good choices.

Seriously though the problem with "tactical" names is that heaven forbid you were ever in court for some sort of knife incident the prosocuting DA would love to show the court your "Mankiller 2000 (now with extra bloodletting capacity)." Kiss your "It's a utility knife" defense bye-bye.

My vote goes for Hunter 4.5 (or Hunter 4). Simple, unobtrusive, and legalizally speaking a winner.

I agree with C Rushing. Be careful with titles so that they don't haunt you.

How about: Utility Hunter

------------------
Drac Noroc

A mind is like a
parachute, it only functions when open.

AKTI # BA00013

BOHICA

Quatro-cinq

"Camp champ"

Bambi bloodletting deerslayer vivisection tool, mark 5

Nah, the last won't work...
biggrin.gif

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

You all are giving me some great suggestions. I should give a little iformation on the market I sell to, and want to appeal to.

The largest number of my customers are law enforcement. Followed by military. Followed by individuals seeking added security, followed by hunters and sportsman, and last but not least, collectors. Another of my knives is named the "Patrolman". This is my best seller. Kind of like something along the same lines, I think. I am open to all suggestions though.

To answer a question: Yes, it is flat ground.

Thank you all very much.

------------------
Lynn Griffith-Tactical Knifemaker
Winner of "Best Tactical Knife" at 1999 PKA show
My website
See my award winning "Spec Ops Tanto" in Gallery 3 of my website
GriffithKN@aol.com

Howzabout "small hunter"? Under 9" oal "large hunter"? Whazup wit dat? All my fav pocket knives are bigger!!! Of course none of them has a 4.5" blade due to knife tip physics (if the tip sticks out past the handle it will cut you physically). Until my sifu comes in... Medium I could see.
smile.gif
Lynn no offense meant it IS a handsome knife but I name it "Kitchen Mistress".
smile.gif
Stand by for a quip from Sparks incarceration dayz...
smile.gif

jeff

[This message has been edited by stray (edited 10 September 1999).]

Bohica is a great little acronym:
Bend Over, Here It Comes Again!

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Lets see, its supposed to be a tactical back-up, right? Ok, how about "ace" as in your ace in the hole. Or something along those lines. Or Undercover. Second chance. Hidden edge. Hidden advantage. Thats all I can think of.

Lynn,
Very nice looking work and I know it works well too. - The Option. (I think it fits - you are more than welcom my friend hope it helps.)

[This message has been edited by Gus Kalanzis (edited 10 September 1999).]

I'll call it 'Sabre Tooth'.
The impression that it gives me is like one of those ancient sabre tooth tiger. With K9s shaped like your knife and the handle reminds me of tiger stripe, though they don't have any back then.....but that is how i got it: Stripes - tiger - ancient ones - Sabre Tooth Tiger! Hope you like it.

Lynn, I will second the choice of the “Option”. It would go well with your line, and has a more traditional feel, especially if you have a series of similar blades. On your site you have a smaller hunter as well, so if you went with “Option I”, “Option II”, etc. it would workout well.

Don’t you like the sound of “ Lynn Griffith Option II in Black Micarta” ?

------------------
James

:
Knight Guard.
Professional LEO.
C'SOC.-"Cop'Standard Officers Carry."
Stealth.
CopsLR. "Cops Last Resort."
Pard. "Partner,"
DDT. "Defense,Desperate Tactical." or "Desperate,Defense Tactical.

------------------

>>>>---¥vsa---->®
The civilized man sleeps behind locked doors in the city while the naked savage sleeps (with a knife) in a open hut in the jungle.

Himalayan Imports Website http://members.aol.com/himimp/index.html

Last Chance

Silent Partner

Patrol Partner

Urban Operator

Daily Companion

Companion

Enforcement Tool

Inconspicous Force Multiplier

------------------
Marion David Poff aka Eye, one can msg me at mdpoff@hotmail.com If I fail to check back with this thread and you want some info, email me.

My site is at: http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Meadows/1770 Including my review of the Kasper AFCK, thougths on the AFCK and interview of Bob Kasper.

Back