• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Careful With Your Words! (Everyone needs to read this)

Even PayPal, the friend of all transactions, does not trust communists ;)

I was thinking restricted animal pelts.

This is the closest thing to a Beaver that Cuba has to offer... Its called a Hutia... "Hutias are moderately large cavy-like rodents of the family Capromyidae that inhabit the Caribbean Islands. Twenty species of hutia have been identified, and at least a third are extinct. Only Desmarest's hutia and the prehensile-tailed hutia remain common and widespread; all other extant species are considered threatened by the IUCN. Their larger relatives, the giant hutias of the family Heptaxodontidae, are entirely extinct."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hutia

Cuban is one thing, Cuban Beaver tail could bring PETA into the mix.

I'm about 1000% sure it was just automatically flagged for "Cuba," in the same way "Damascus" gets flagged. It's probably just a flagged keyword for transactions that may involve countries that have some sort of sanctions or restrictions on financial transactions under U.S. law.

Paypal doesn't care about smutty innuendo or politics (at least as far as it comes to processing transactions), but they do care about being fined for finance law violations.

Probably, Try saying you've bought a Cuban Damascus Persian (Hammered..) :D:rolleyes:

The more they snoop the more they find to snoop...

Few years ago I tried to buy some Cuban cigars from an on-line place in Spain as I live in another EU country and didn't want to pay costly import tax or US (or Cuban) postal rates. Simple I thought. Uh uh PayPal refused to allow it as they claimed it contravened the trade embargo with Cuba.:eek: Even though it's one EU country to another....;)

You know what? We need some pictures of Cubans here;) I don't have any in my collection though but a Cuban Pen would be great :thumbsup:

I know that big brother is always watching, but this is ridicules! I usually leave a comment on a payment but will think twice now...

I was into cigars for a while. They are forbidden by PayPal, so it was always a rule to never leave comments when trading/selling among members. Who knows if they flagged it for that or not.

I got my first intrusion/funds freeze recently. I was selling a Busse model called a Nuked FMV8. Kind of cringed when I wondered if they thought I was a terrorist. :eek::rolleyes:

I’m ready to try Venmo or whatever the other alternatives are.

Back