• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Careful With Your Words! (Everyone needs to read this)

Ok, I started a For Sale thread the other day and sold a GEC 53 Cuban Beavertail. After the sale the buyer left me a note in PayPal saying, "for 53 Cuban beavertail Thanks." PayPal stopped this transaction with no explanation, leaving both me and the buyer confused as to whats going on. Today, they released my funds, again with no explanation. So, I figure I better go check BF to see if the buyer has heard anything.

This is the message from PayPal:

"On January 08, 2019, you sent a payment for the amount of $115.00 for, "for 53 Cuban beavertail Thanks."

We're trying to understand:

- your reference to "Cuban."

- purpose of this payment, including a complete and detailed explanation of what you intended to pay for."

This is just a heads up for future sales, notes, conversations, etc...

o_O BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
o_O

Link to the Sale thread: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/gec-48-weasel-53-cubans-accepting-offers.1634613/

Ok, I started a For Sale thread the other day and sold a GEC 53 Cuban Beavertail. After the sale the buyer left me a note in PayPal saying, "for 53 Cuban beavertail Thanks." PayPal stopped this transaction with no explanation, leaving both me and the buyer confused as to whats going on. Today, they released my funds, again with no explanation. So, I figure I better go check BF to see if the buyer has heard anything.

This is the message from PayPal:

"On January 08, 2019, you sent a payment for the amount of $115.00 for, "for 53 Cuban beavertail Thanks."

We're trying to understand:

- your reference to "Cuban."

- purpose of this payment, including a complete and detailed explanation of what you intended to pay for."

This is just a heads up for future sales, notes, conversations, etc...

o_O BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
o_O

Link to the Sale thread: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/gec-48-weasel-53-cubans-accepting-offers.1634613/
I love Big Brother.

NOT!

I've purchased knives from a youtuber who has specifically asked to leave no comments when paying in PayPal.

While I was curious as to the reasoning, it was a simple enough rule to follow, so did not ask why. I figured it might be for something like this, but certainly wasn't sure.

Now I know.

Thank you for the info!

Did they actually believe you were selling a person from Cuba?????

I guess "53 Cuban Beavertail" isnt the best sounding phrase when selling or buying things... Thats the only explanation I can figure, since PayPal cant give us one. They must have thought I was a human smuggler or sex traffic person or something.

Im reminded of the song The Gift by John Cale and the Velvet Underground.....

you can go anywhere in the mail.

I guess "53 Cuban Beavertail" isnt the best sounding phrase when selling or buying things... Thats the only explanation I can figure, since PayPal cant give us one. They must have thought I was a human smuggler or sex traffic person or something.
Or maybe they thought "beavertail" was code for cigar?

Back