"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

I wonder if I speak for others when I say that there once was a time when I only camped with 1 knife too. Maybe a hatchet in the pack - but for years and years it never occurred to me that I needed more than one good belt knife :) Here I am today - and I can't decide which belt knife so, of course I take 3 and a few folders and a khukuri too :confused:. OH Blade Forums ... ;)

Ray
Ray, I'm guessing it's more than just the two of us who have found it necessary to increase the amount of blades carried during any given situation. Before BF, one folder at a time was all I carried and it was more than sufficient for my EDC needs. Today, (after BF) I need a classic on the key chain, a traditional folder and either a modern or a SAK to be in my pockets daily. A 300% increase and I'm sure we're not alone... :confused:;)

The Thing With Two Heads.

What a Classic..
If you enjoy schlock horror you might be interesred in Lost Soul....a docco on the exploits of Richard Stanley. He wrote and directed the 1996 version of The Island of
Dr Moreau...with Brando and Val Kilmer....it was a financial disaster....the interviews with cast and crew are hilarious...it was out of control. The producers sacked him and gave John Frankenheimer the job of cobbling it together....might still be on netflix.
Did you see the one where Milland played a rich old guy who needed a new body, so he had his head surgically attached to Rosey Greer? The plan was to cut off Rosey's head when Ray's was firmly established. It didn't quite work out.

I'm pretty sure. It was in the early days of cable TV.
1977. How could I forget that Barbara Carrera played the woman?

(If you google Lancaster and York, you don't necessarily get movies first.)

Great fights in those York et al Musketeer movies.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure. It was in the early days of cable TV.
1977. How could I forget that Barbara Carrera played the woman?

(If you google Lancaster and York, you don't necessarily get movies first.)

Great fights in those York et al Musketeer movies.
Oh, yeah, what a cast: York, Charlton Heston, Oliver Reed, Richard Chamberlain, Frank Finlay, Raquel Welch, Faye Dunaway, Christopher Lee, etc.

Only thing I know Carrera from is Never Say Never Again. She was a good bad guy! Funny how she was "written" out of the film.

I recently added "never say never again " to my Bond collection.....worst theme song of all the movies....yeeessh.
I think its time for a Dr Moreau remake..
take #3.

I had to google her. Apparently she played someone in Dallas. I saw only one Dallas. I don't remember why I felt so hostile to it; I always liked Larry Hagman. And I liked the episode I saw, where they meant to kidnap JR but got his crybaby little brother instead. JR agreed to the ransom and the exchange, then killed all the kidnappers with his snipers from the ranch, leaving one to tell the tale. One kidnapper, that is. He kept all the snipers.
I guess Carrera made an even bigger impression on me than I realized in I the Jury.

She was great in Never Say Never Again. And to answer my own question, which I'm not going to use as a theme for a gaw after all, I'd rather be killed by Carrere than by Luciana Paluzzi. Paluzzi was so efficient, if you blinked you'd miss it. Carrera might toy with you and make it last.

Yeah, that was hilarious! The Thing with Two Heads, I think it was called.

I've seen it! :D :thumbsup:

That’s great, I haven’t laughed so much in ages! :D:cool:

In a case of truth being stranger than fiction, Chang and Eng, the original Siamese twins had a fractious relationship, apparently.

Chang was a drinker with a bit of a nasty temper, while Eng was a teetotaler - well as much of teetotaler as he could be, while sharing the same liver with his brother. :eek::D

They eventually became wealthy, landed, slave owning gentry in Wilkes County, North Carolina.

Apparently their axe wielding technique while wood chopping was something to behold. They could either chop with the axe held in four hands, or each twin could wield the axe, with the other one taking over when his brother tired! :eek:;)

The Thing With Two Heads.

What a Classic..
If you enjoy schlock horror you might be interesred in Lost Soul....a docco on the exploits of Richard Stanley. He wrote and directed the 1996 version of The Island of
Dr Moreau...with Brando and Val Kilmer....it was a financial disaster....the interviews with cast and crew are hilarious...it was out of control. The producers sacked him and gave John Frankenheimer the job of cobbling it together....might still be on netflix.
As long as we're discussing scary movies, I'm afraid I discovered a "horror show" in my garage this morning.
My wife drove her car to Indiana late last week to visit relatives and plans to return tomorrow. Since her car was out of the garage, I decided to sweep the garage floor this morning. But I noticed that the exposed wood frame of the garage's west wall, which is usually hidden by my wife's car, looks much different than it did the last time I remember seeing it, probably in December. Some of the old paint low on the wall and 2x4 frame has disappeared and there's what appears to be fresh "sawdust" at the base of the wall. We've been here for 35 years with no problems, but now I fear I'm infested with something; anyone recognize what it is??
garage.frame.jpg
Closer inspection:
garage,closeup.jpg

- GT

Back