1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Jul 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Neal,
    Didn't @supratentorial used to have a link in his signature to something called the multi-tool museum? Maybe he still hangs out there.

- GT

neal70 and Jack Black like this.
  2. neal70

neal70 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Yah he did GT, good call.:thumbsup:
    Thanks, Neal

3. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Incision.jpg NeckCollar.jpg Thanks you all for the prayers and well-wishes. The surgery went well and I'm home now. The surgeon said my spine was a mess, and he had to move so much stuff around to get it cleaned out that it's very hard for me to swallow. I had a rough night last night, but feel a lot better tonight. I have to wear a cervical collar (uncomfortable, of course!) but the pain is manageable. You all are terrific! :thumbsup::)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  4. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Praying for you and a speedy recovery. Glad everything went well.

Cutfinger and Prester John like this.
  5. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I spent seven hours in the hospital today. I'm not the patient so it's not my story to tell, but I was scared excrementless and now I'm hopeful.
    May everybody live forever and be happy about it.

6. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Glad to hear the good news, Jeff! Hope it gets better everyday until it's good as new!

knarfeng and Prester John like this.
  7. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Wholeness, rejuvenation, regeneration, Jeff ! I'm repeating it for you :D

Cutfinger, Ramrodmb and Prester John like this.
  8. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Good to know you're home and the pain is manageable. May your recovery be swift, Jeff.

Cutfinger likes this.
  9. black mamba

Oct 21, 2009
    John, Gary, Gev and Vince, thanks so much. Jer, grace, peace and blessing on you and yours!

10. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Hopeful is good. Hang onto that.

scrteened porch and Prester John like this.
  11. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Hope you heal quickly Jeff and are back to normal asap.

Cutfinger and Prester John like this.
  12. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    @black mamba Jeff prayers sent your way for a rapid recovery and successful results!

Prester John likes this.
  13. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Hope you you heal fast Jeff, and that the future brings happier (and pain-free) times :) :thumbsup:

+1 :thumbsup:

Prester John likes this.
  14. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Lot of Power sent from here Jeff:cool: You actually look serene, but suppose you can't move much:eek: Soon as you get bored, that's a sign of recovery:D:thumbsup: Manage to smuggle in a knife or two to keep you company?;)

All the best, Will

15. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Well good - that parts over with. Can't have a respectable snake with a messed up spine. Now you can
    look forward to proper slithering - hopefully, sooner than later. Be well Jeff :thumbsup:

Ray

16. Augie

Augie Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Glad the surgery went well Jeff, hopes and best wishes for a full recovery and relief from the pain.

17. black mamba

Oct 21, 2009
    Thanks to all, I am improving rapidly!

18. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Great news Jeff :) :thumbsup:

Prester John likes this.
  19. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    I'm so glad that all went well for you Jeff.:thumbsup: Just follow the doctor's orders and be patient.:) I'm pulling for you and I've put up so much smoke it's difficult navigating around the house.:D

20. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    I'm glad to hear that you're recovering rapidly from what appeared to be a cutthroat procedure, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:;)
    I'll continue praying that you can get over the surgical trauma ASAP, experience rehab with as little pain as possible, and that the outcome of the surgery will be completely successful.

- GT

Storm 8593, Ramrodmb and Prester John like this.