"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

HeW3A00.jpg

Not a bad haul this birthday: Buchanan's Special Reserve 18-year-old Scotch Whisky, Japanese Suntory Whisky, a German beer stein, and a Laguiole Honoré Durand knife with leather pouch. Tried the whiskies with my sons today, with a stellar cigar, and will have some Spaten Oktoberfest beers later tonight in the stein. I really think this knife will be in my pocket almost daily for years to come.
Happy Birthday, Vince! Looks like you had a good one!

Cups on wrong bottles in this pic.
Stanley%2520USA%25201980%2520%2526%25201989.jpg

This brings back memories for me. My dad had a green Stanley thermos that he took to work every day, along with his plain black plastic lunch box. I bet if I go rummage around through his garage, I can find both of them tucked away somewhere.

TRACKING: It's double-edged...as in dagger to the heart :eek::D:poop:

Whilst it's nice to be able to follow parcels etc it's also a black comedy of anxiety and even anger ;) Two subjects at school held little interest for me, maths and geography. As soon as I could do fast accurate mental arithmetic I shut myself off from all other aspects of it ;) Geography seemed like a trick and an illusion, maps etc yawn! All I wanted to know was I on terra-firma or in the sea? If the latter, what's the ship and fishing like?:D So I had to get a map of the USA out to make some vague sense of the USPS tracking 'info' Starts 3rd Oct- Detroit Lakes Mi, then Chicago 11th Oct (that's slow but maybe winter's arrived and the dog sleighs are overburdened;)) Today 15th Oct it's in New York:eek: FOUR days from Chicago to NYC? At this rate it'll cross the Atlantic by next Easter thence across Europe by some manner of stage-coach...Perhaps it's all part of a zero emissions Greta Thunberg effort:rolleyes: Is there a possible correlation between knife-waiting and related ulcers/raised BP? I rather think so... Mind you, been there before and more, once tracking informed me that the knife had been sent back to the USA when I was holding the very knife in my hands :D Then I began to question my sanity...this knife-sickness ;):thumbsup:

It's good I like all food and never tried anything edible I didn't like. In the last four months I've lost 30 pounds and gotten my A1c from 11.5 to 6.7 without insulin. Simple carbohydrates are terrible. So is the food pyramid pushed on guys my age when we were younger. My A1c will be below 6.5 before the new year.
A little late to reply, but that is amazing progress! Congrats on the A1C numbers. Stick with it. My sister's went from 8.2 to 6.9 to 6.3 since changing to low-carb in Feb of this year, and she is hoping to see more improvement at her next check up next month. I'm not diabetic but may have been headed that way. I'm down 110 pounds (320 -> 210) in about 13 months and holding stable at that weight for the past couple of months.

Those slabs of 갈비 looked wonderful. Invite me over the next time you're grilling out. :)

I've been agonizing over these for a while. 15% off today. They're a bit expensive, but they're a pound heavier than my others. The others are each 1 lb 14 oz. These don't match quite as well, being 3 lb 2 oz and 2 lb 13 oz. I think a 5 oz difference out of 60 oz is probably not worth fiddling with.
4mDXum4.jpg

Though it's equivalent to 15 148 grain wad-cutters, isn't it?
I'll be sure to switch them between hands.

d6UM7mJ.jpg

Um..dont look so bad....
2S0a7Aj.jpg

Um....ok .....I did a stupid:confused:
Tried to skirt the deep part while playing in the mud. Well the "big boy" rut in the middle grabbed me o_O Took the walk of shame to find help,no luck, I dont really know anyone else close to me that has a vehicle that could help.
t1lAHFY.jpg

Stranger in a Rubicon with a winch shows up to play in the mud!
VjVBP6w.jpg

I'm saved!!:D Thanks Rubicon guy:cool::thumbsup:
Note the water line going at a diagonal across the tailgate:rolleyes:
S7yABQ6.jpg

Also the water line down the passenger side :oops: it actually got deeper in as I had to turn the nose into the hole to help the winch
qpvhmey.jpg

I think the inverter and charger and battery for my drill may be toast. I noticed the charger flashing red when I got home,it wasnt plugged in:eek:
O0L1Wjt.jpg
v8f6rkU.jpg

And I told myself going in that I wasnt doing any of the bog holeso_O OOPS

knarfeng knarfeng
Thats for sure, like they say what goes around,comes around. Last year in another location I pulled a guy out of a similar situation, his mistake was listening to his 8 year old son, who said "ONE more daddy!" Lol. He told me thats what his son said right where there was a large hole near the main road. I always laugh when I hear someone bragging that their truck/jeep has never been stuck. Usually along the lines of "If you had a Chevy and not a crappy Ford you wouldn't get stuck, I ain't never got a Chevy stuck". I've seen them all stuck,if your going to really get offroad its going to happen. I was really glad that guy came by to play in the same area,and he refused any offers of payment. We both played around there a bit longer after,but we both stayed well away from the big holes lol.
Edit: I really need to get a winch myself, they're handy for lots of difficult situations.

I mind the skeleton sitting on the Rubicon winch.
Maybe he has a turkey for Thanksgiving and a Santa for Christmas.

Edit: I really need to get a winch myself, they're handy for lots of difficult situations.
My cousin's finally gotten a generator, now that they're turning off her power for days at a time (California). I'm still meaning to get one.

Last edited:
d6UM7mJ.jpg

Um..dont look so bad....
2S0a7Aj.jpg

Um....ok .....I did a stupid:confused:
Tried to skirt the deep part while playing in the mud. Well the "big boy" rut in the middle grabbed me o_O Took the walk of shame to find help,no luck, I dont really know anyone else close to me that has a vehicle that could help.
t1lAHFY.jpg

Stranger in a Rubicon with a winch shows up to play in the mud!
VjVBP6w.jpg

I'm saved!!:D Thanks Rubicon guy:cool::thumbsup:
Note the water line going at a diagonal across the tailgate:rolleyes:
S7yABQ6.jpg

Also the water line down the passenger side :oops: it actually got deeper in as I had to turn the nose into the hole to help the winch
qpvhmey.jpg

I think the inverter and charger and battery for my drill may be toast. I noticed the charger flashing red when I got home,it wasnt plugged in:eek:
O0L1Wjt.jpg
v8f6rkU.jpg

And I told myself going in that I wasnt doing any of the bog holeso_O OOPS
I'm glad you got out without too much difficulty and with no real damage. :cool: :thumbsup:

Back