"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Jul 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    How can we forget??!! Those who lost their lives - and those who paid for such a travesty against the USA!! May we as a people be ever vigilant against those who would usurp our freedom!!!!

Peregrin and Prester John like this.
  2. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Amen!

3. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018

Saw this guy in Houston around 1978. He's the King! (I love Elvis too.)

4. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    I was going to add surgical clamp/roach clip.....but decided not to:thumbsup::)......the question still remains over the mysterious 4th blade....cue theme from Ironside and cut to close up of meako pensively raising eyebrows and then lowering them with knowing nod...as if arriving at hitherto unknown fact.

5. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    I'll bet the 4th blade will actually be a set of maybe a half-dozen "changeable" blades, any one of which can be attached to the handle to match your mood!! :thumbsup::):thumbsup::cool:

- GT

meako likes this.
  6. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Unless i'm wrong, I will bet that Bill will scale down the Texas Camp knife, and use versions of the same blades - quite useful !!

7. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    What a Great Post Gary !!!!:):):):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Enjoyed it very much .

Harry

Peregrin likes this.
  8. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    Hey folks, just a reminder: The Traditional Knife Exchange Forum operates under the same rules as the rest of the BF exchanges.
    https://www.bladeforums.com/help/exchange-rules/

Rules for buyers. Rule #5
    Do not post in a person's thread unless you have an implicit interest in buying the item. Posts like, "Nice knife!", "Why is the price so high/low?", "I wish I had funds" are not allowed. This means absolutely no commentary or feedback in someone's sales thread. ​

We've had complaints.

9. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    I'm guilty of that one Frank, I just commented on a knife a seller had up that he did a modification to, just like the mod he did to my knife.
    I was just so impressed that my excitement got the best of me:)
    So much so that I came back to his thread and bought it:D
    My intent was not to offend anyone by commenting.

meako and btb01 like this.
  10. Mayonardo

Mayonardo Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2010
    No, that was me. I had read the rules but got caught up in the discussion. I will try to be more aware.

11. paulhilborn

Mar 22, 2006
    It was both of us then, as I got a notice of post removed. Again, I just got caught up in the excitement, knife buying does that to me:D

meako likes this.
  12. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    It was me too. :oops:

paulhilborn likes this.
  13. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
  14. paulhilborn

Mar 22, 2006
    PERFECT r8shell:p:thumbsup:

15. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    Easier to make one post than to write a dozen PMs. :D

16. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    So - what was that you said? ;)

:D Just me being a wise guy. Couldn't resist :rolleyes:

Ray

meako and Prester John like this.
  17. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Wishing you all the best for a Safe and Happy annual gift giving and scoffing season.[​IMG]

18. BigBiscuit

BigBiscuit

Dec 11, 2014
    Hello friends. Lan here. I have been remiss in keeping contact with our friends here. Paul Hilborn has been diligent to keep in contact often. Especially during football season. Love you Paul. I meant to check in on the two year anniversary of Dad's passing (Nov 5th), but as such, life sometimes gets in the way. Not a day goes by without a thought of Dad and some of our best memories. We again had a place set for him at the Thanksgiving table. We still talk of the love and generosity of unknown countless friends of Dad's here. Bo is doing very well at Northeastern University. He has grown into a kind and strong man like his Pa.
    I hope everyone is well and you're all able to cherish the comfort and love of family and friends this holiday season. We just stopped in to see Mom so I decided to check in while we're here.
    I heard Duncan had some rough scare and so glad you're doing better Duncan.
    Just wanted to say hello and that we are doing well and we still think of you all and love you. Peace my friends.

19. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    It’s great to hear from you Lan! I’m glad things are going well for you guys. It doesn’t seem like it’s been over two years since Bobs passing. I think of him just about every time I get on the forum. I miss his knowledge and being able to talk and discuss things with him. I’m sure he’s proud of Bo. Blessings to you all.

Ron

20. BigBiscuit

BigBiscuit

Dec 11, 2014
    Thank you Ron. It's so good to hear from you.

Half/Stop likes this.