"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

That looks amazing, nice job. 🤠 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looks delicious to me! 😎👍

Room for improvement ???????? Looks like all you have to do now is to just have some Sweet Baby Rays handy . Now I am hungry !!!! Thank you very much !!!!

Harry

Thanks, guys! :thumbsup: Don't get me wrong, it was tasty, but there are a few things I'll try next time to retain a bit more moisture. It reheated well for pulled pork sandwiches tonight, with some Gates Extra Hot BBQ sauce. 😋

I think I am about to be banned on facebook for calling someone out for selling the forum knife for profit.

I said "it was sold to you as a friend,if you weren't a friend you should have said so".

he dont care.

but what do I know 🤣
I’m not on Facebook but if I were, and was banned, I would be proud if it was for that. I guess free speech is dead.
Edit: I just wanted to add I hope my post does not come off as insulting to Facebook users. I know a lot of folks who like Facebook to stay in touch with friends and family or whatnot and would not want to disparage them, or anyone else for that matter for using Facebook.

Last edited:
I’m not on Facebook but if I were, and was banned, I would be proud if it was for that. I guess free speech is dead.
Funny enough I just got a message from someone thanking me for speaking out,I guess others think the same.

We may not like people buying to profit but that is legal and impersonal from a shop.

The forum knife is a different matter,those buying where expected to live to a higher standard from what I can see and be part of the group.

So my father in law today went to the la convention center for the big annual car show. The security wouldn’t let him bring in his pocket knives. He carries a 13 pattern I gifted him and a cheap thumb stud one hander with a pocket clip he uses as a money clip. So he goes and hides them in a planter…someone must have seen him do it (he’s done this before…) and they boosted his two blades. Poor guy. No I gotta find him another easy opening pinchable knife for his arthritic hands. And am gonna hunt down something with a pocket clip he can use like he did before. He has done so much for me and my family. He remodeled our kitchen for nothing, down to the studs. He helped me put a roof on our house when I was broke and doing it years ago. Any suggestions what to look for? His one handed clip knife had wood scales and that is why he really liked it. And I am in need of a new or user pinchable soft pull slip joint as well…
Anyhow if you think of any particular knife I should hunt down please post it up here.
Thanks folks. Happy turkey day this week btw.

The "security" should have had a cloakroom to check things in .what was he gonna do? slash tyres?...let me have a look and see if have suitable replacement.

So my father in law today went to the la convention center for the big annual car show. The security wouldn’t let him bring in his pocket knives. He carries a 13 pattern I gifted him and a cheap thumb stud one hander with a pocket clip he uses as a money clip. So he goes and hides them in a planter…someone must have seen him do it (he’s done this before…) and they boosted his two blades. Poor guy. No I gotta find him another easy opening pinchable knife for his arthritic hands. And am gonna hunt down something with a pocket clip he can use like he did before. He has done so much for me and my family. He remodeled our kitchen for nothing, down to the studs. He helped me put a roof on our house when I was broke and doing it years ago. Any suggestions what to look for? His one handed clip knife had wood scales and that is why he really liked it. And I am in need of a new or user pinchable soft pull slip joint as well…
Anyhow if you think of any particular knife I should hunt down please post it up here.
Thanks folks. Happy turkey day this week btw.
I sent you a message about a money clip with knife/bottle opener I was looking at myself in England.

If you look at my link he has a few different designs.

if it suits you and he wont post to you I can buy it and post it to you myself,no bother.

I did it for someone else here with an expensive Chris Reeves knife.

Years ago, we went to the local public museum to see a Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit. The security consisted of some young Israeli soldiers with automatic weapons, so I made no objections when they said I couldn't carry my Chinese copy of a Victorinox Classic into the exhibit. I just ducked back outside and threw the knife under some bushes planted along the front of the building, and it was still there when we finished looking at the very interesting exhibition.

- GT

Years ago, we went to the local public museum to see a Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit. The security consisted of some young Israeli soldiers with automatic weapons, so I made no objections when they said I couldn't carry my Chinese copy of a Victorinox Classic into the exhibit. I just ducked back outside and threw the knife under some bushes planted along the front of the building, and it was still there when we finished looking at the very interesting exhibition.

- GT
They had good taste is what I took from your tale 😁

- GT
That's a coincidence, I was talking about the Dead Sea Scrolls with my neighbours yesterday. One of my teachers helped translate them, and would tell us stories about her interactions with the various governments who owned parts of them. She would often be locked inside a small room, while a Russian/American/German/British soldier stood guard outside, apparently.

The "security" should have had a cloakroom to check things in .what was he gonna do? slash tyres?...let me have a look and see if have suitable replacement.
Thanks anything pinchable is what I’m after. Appreciate you checking for me.
I once hid a knife in a planter outside a courthouse. Anybody who's ever done it might know that planters are a good place to look for free knives. It only just occurred to me, but there are many smarter than me out there.
That’s hilarious but I am not looking for knives in public planters…
I'm sure you probably want to buy him something yourself, but I'm willing to send you some if you'd like.
Soft pull and pinchable is what I’m after, and I appreciate the offer John your so generous but I got some $ in the old PayPal acct and some neat trade stock if you find something.

That's a coincidence, I was talking about the Dead Sea Scrolls with my neighbours yesterday. One of my teachers helped translate them ...

Me, too. I had a professor in college who worked on the Dead Sea Scrolls. He was so old he was probably there when they were written, but he was a fascinating guy, "old school" genius, great teacher, didn't mind telling us what stupid morons we were, etc.

Me, too. I had a professor in college who worked on the Dead Sea Scrolls. He was so old he was probably there when they were written, but he was a fascinating guy, "old school" genius, great teacher, didn't mind telling us what stupid morons we were, etc.
LOL! :D I had quite a few teachers like that! :D ;) :thumbsup:

They had good taste is what I took from your tale 😁
You can also gather that my taste in knives is questionable, but I don't care who knows it. I'm one of those people who is quite skeptical that you get what you pay for! 🤓 🤓

That's a coincidence, I was talking about the Dead Sea Scrolls with my neighbours yesterday. One of my teachers helped translate them, and would tell us stories about her interactions with the various governments who owned parts of them. She would often be locked inside a small room, while a Russian/American/German/British soldier stood guard outside, apparently.
Pretty cool that you gents had teachers who worked on those famous archaeological finds! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Back