"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

A package from John Crappie71 Crappie71 and his wife Denise fell out of my mailbox yesterday. Inside was a beautiful bottle of Maple Syrup. I thought right away how good my waffles were going to taste but Cindy put the kybosh on that saying the bottle WITH syrup was too beautiful to open and promptly put it on my desk for display. Thank you John and Denise for the thoughtful gift.

NbiJ8up.jpeg

gnQdnsL.jpeg

A package from John Crappie71 Crappie71 and his wife Denise fell out of my mailbox yesterday. Inside was a beautiful bottle of Maple Syrup. I thought right away how good my waffles were going to taste but Cindy put the kybosh on that saying the bottle WITH syrup was too beautiful to open and promptly put it on my desk for display. Thank you John and Denise for the thoughtful gift.

NbiJ8up.jpeg

gnQdnsL.jpeg
Ed, you could always use the syrup and then refill it with some store bought brand. Just a thought. It does look good 😋

NbiJ8up.jpeg

gnQdnsL.jpeg
Very cool, Ed! That's the same little bottle my son uses to give folks a taste of his syrup. Rachel has a good idea- you could also do a little midnight sampling, hoping you don't get caught!

That does seem to be a common mindset with those little leaf bottles. I always suggest to my friends and family who get our maple syrup that they use the syrup and then refill the bottle with colored water. That way they get the best of both worlds.

NbiJ8up.jpeg

gnQdnsL.jpeg
You’re very welcome Modoc ED Modoc ED ! You don’t know what you’re missing if you and Cindy don’t try it. The sugar camp the maple syrup is from is Denise’s favorite; we try to go visit it every year. After seeing your picture, I had to have some; in fact, I just left the table after eating pancakes and sausage soaked down with maple syrup along with a pile of hash browns.😜 I still have a little over a gallon on hand, so that should hold me ‘til next year.

sheesh ... whut a "birthday" presunt from Ma Nature ... 🤨
About a inch a s'no on the ground ... and counting .... 😳☹️

I "thought" Spring "officially" got here last month ... 🤔🤨☹️🥺

Oh well ... I got no place to go, and it is almost "warm" inside. 🙄

I hope everyone else is having spring weather and is s'no free.😁

Happy Birthday! 🎂
Is it your birthday, Steve, or is this a belated April Fools joke? I'm hoping for some of that sunny February 70-degree weather. What a strange winter...

Happy Birthday Steve! 🥳🎆🎂

55 and sunny here today. Very windy
2210686-7d15497a351e6aa6d2204583760a781c.jpg

Back