"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

A scone doesn't taste like a cake doughnut Starbucks :thumbsdown:

I like a real scone, but I'm not a huge fan of clotted cream (it's difficult to make without really fresh milk almost straight from the cow). Lemon curd and strawberry jam is pretty good with them.

So...What do you call an English Muffin?

Does it look like this? :confused:

4378_hopscotch_queen_c42b94a0-5729-4b3b-88ea-4e4f3a1543be.png

Here that's a muffin, something you toast and have with butter or jam, there's not much to them really

A scone doesn't taste like a cake doughnut Starbucks :thumbsdown:

I like a real scone, but I'm not a huge fan of clotted cream (it's difficult to make without really fresh milk almost straight from the cow). Lemon curd and strawberry jam is pretty good with them.

Good choice! :) :thumbsup:

No. Apparently there is no correct way to pronounce the word in a way it can be understood at a Starbucks drive through, our ultimate linguistic arbiter.

I wish I had the skills to re-dub the car-parking scene from Fargo! :D :thumbsup:

I suspect there may be an evil British Bond villain behind the scones thing. A simple pastry item, unleashed on an unsuspecting US public, with massive potential for causing conflict and civil unrest! Watch out for Scone Wars folks, potentially more dangerous than even a soccer-ball! :eek:

Speaking of villainous conspiracies, it seems Barrett has created a Lounge monster with his harmless dialect quiz! :eek::rolleyes: (And I suppose the "real" culprit is AFAustin and his innocuous question about the use of "scales"! :D)

- GT

This all brings to mind my grand tour of GB with a good friend many years ago. We met two lasses at a local pub, in Plymouth I think. One was a Brit, the other an Aussie. The four of us jumped a local bus the next day and toured the countryside. I remember well sitting in back of that bus trading synonyms and pronunciations between the three varieties of English. We all had a great time over that. (Later in that trip I went into the Scottish Highlands. Anyone who tells you that Highlanders speak English is daft!;):D)

Speaking of villainous conspiracies, it seems Barrett has created a Lounge monster with his harmless dialect quiz! :eek::rolleyes: (And I suppose the "real" culprit is AFAustin and his innocuous question about the use of "scales"! :D)

- GT

I better not take the quiz if I don't want to get hurt. ;)

:D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
(How do you DO that, Barrett?? :confused::eek:
I recognize the scene, and I recognize the contents of the monitors, but I don't recognize those two elements TOGETHER!!! Amazing! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:)

- GT

Back