1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Case Knife: EDC or Collector’s Knife?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Mitch Taldison, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Great choice! I frequently carry one with stainless steel blades and a spey instead of pen. Small enough to carry anywhere, and three great blades.

Marlingspike12 likes this.
  2. mitch13

mitch13 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 3, 2004
    Glad you found something you like:thumbsup:
    Now go use it:D
    Mitch

3. NMpops

NMpops

Aug 9, 2010
    I always have a Case stockman (75, 18 or 087) in my pocket daily. All my Case knives get used.

4. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    A VERY SOUND choice indeed:thumbsup: It will cover most needs and yet is a compact and friendly type of knife. You'll see that they are not wall hangers but a proper pocket companion, I suspect there will be additions to your Traditional collection too :cool:

Regards, Will

Prester John likes this.
  5. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    I can tell that you don't sharpen knives very much. Look at all that hair on your arms.:)

6. TrapperMike

TrapperMike Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 23, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Nice coice of knife. I have been carrying this case peanut everyday for a little more tnan
    2 1/2 years now. It has been great for me. The peanut might look small but it cuts well above its size. Before this i was carrying a yeller case trapper or a yeller 18 stockman.

7. CVamberbonehead

CVamberbonehead Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2017
    Case knives are great users. I have used them doing farm work, hunting, fishing, trapping, just regular every day use as well for years and years. The delrin knives are great users, and the bone handled knives are too.

8. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    That's a great choice for your first Case knife. Congratulations.

Prester John and TrapperMike like this.
  9. FSU1992

FSU1992 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Use them!
    I have a Case stockman that is 30ish years old that belonged to my Dad. He used it as his everyday working knife for about 15 years. Now that he has passed away and it is mine, when I look at it I think of him and all he did with that knife. The history of its use makes it more valuable to me than if it were new in the box. When I carry it I know part of him is with me.
    Hopefully a buddy or one of my children will use my knives when I am gone.

mitch13, jmh33, TrapperMike and 2 others like this.
  10. Eli Chaps

Eli Chaps Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 20, 2018
    @Mitch Taldison congrats! Thanks for the report back. You'll be surprised how often you find yourself opening that little Wharncliffe blade.

Stick around, we'll all be interested in what one you buy next! :)

11. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    And there will be more! When you feel the smooth scale edges and bolsters of your Case knives, you will want more in your hands. I love the fit and finish they put on the Case. I can't find a sharp edge on any of mine and they are so comfortable in the hand for good use. I used my Case Barlow just now to go cut off a yellow squash from the plant and that yellow squash just jumped right off the plant and into my sack as soon as I snapped open the blade. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

12. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    Little did you know that you became an enabler. Why ? Because I liked yours so well that I had to order one just like yours too. Copy Cat!:p

13. TrapperMike

Nov 23, 2016
    [​IMG]
    My little brown peanut helps with everything from cooking to my mechanic duties. They are great carry knives. It is the only knife i carry.

14. Boxer .45

Boxer .45

Jan 11, 2015
    :eek:"But does anyone today still actually CARRY and USE a Case knife?":confused:

mitch13 and Ripcord 82 like this.
  15. TrapperMike

Nov 23, 2016
    Every single day. I have made the peanut the only knife i carry. It is great and all i truly need. My kids gave it to me for Christmas in 2016.

16. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    I give up. Do they? I bet you even know the answer.

mitch13 and Prester John like this.
  17. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    I used to, till it got jammed in the lock and the blade snapped.;)

Ripcord 82 and Prester John like this.
  18. Boxer .45

Boxer .45

Jan 11, 2015
    Wasn't my question, it was the OP's. I quoted because I was shocked at the question.

19. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    As you just found out, I AM VERY EASILY confused.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ripcord 82 likes this.
  20. TrapperMike

Nov 23, 2016
    :thumbsup: my bad.

Boxer .45 likes this.