Case Sowbelly

uKQ1Otx.jpg

My favorite Case knife to date, F&F near perfect, only thing I did was take a little off the back of spey blade to make it a little more pointy. I really like the dye job on these covers as well.
That's a great looking knife. The CV's are getting more difficult to find, unless you want smooth white bone, or red/black fiber weave. These are really nice knives. Way up high on the short list of "Case's Best"....

That one must have hurt after the fact. :(
Yes..... I stumbled on to one of these Ranchers, used, but still in very good shape. It's becoming one of my favorite "go-to" knives. The only knife more useful than that one would probably be an SAK of some variation.
Of course, that could be said of most stockmen, but the sowbelly stockman, in stag? The sowbelly seems to ride better in my pocket, and feels better in hand than any other stockman I've owned.
Somehow, Case also managed to get the blades nestled in there with no "krinking". They are all straight, nicely placed, with no rubbing. My SS oak has a little bit of rub against the outer liner on my spey blade, but that could have been fixed at assembly with a gentle nudge. It's not a big deal at all. Just really nicely made knives.

Yes..... I stumbled on to one of these Ranchers, used, but still in very good shape. It's becoming one of my favorite "go-to" knives. The only knife more useful than that one would probably be an SAK of some variation.
Of course, that could be said of most stockmen, but the sowbelly stockman, in stag? The sowbelly seems to ride better in my pocket, and feels better in hand than any other stockman I've owned.
Somehow, Case also managed to get the blades nestled in there with no "krinking". They are all straight, nicely placed, with no rubbing. My SS oak has a little bit of rub against the outer liner on my spey blade, but that could have been fixed at assembly with a gentle nudge. It's not a big deal at all. Just really nicely made knives.
I agree, the ergonomics are impeccable, I think that's why I like them so much too. Beefy and solid in the hand, yet dissappear in the pocket.

This thread might end up costing me some money at some point. Great looking knives.

uKQ1Otx.jpg

My favorite Case knife to date, F&F near perfect, only thing I did was take a little off the back of spey blade to make it a little more pointy. I really like the dye job on these covers as well.

I like the idea of making the spey blade a bit more pointy. I might have to try that with my medium stockman.

This thread might end up costing me some money at some point. Great looking knives.

I like the idea of making the spey blade a bit more pointy. I might have to try that with my medium stockman.

I do that to most of my "carry" stockman knives. I also will take some off the kick of the sheepfoot blade, to lower it in the well... usually to where the nail nick is just barely above the spine of the main blade. I also will taper down the tip end of the sheepfoot a little bit, to remove the unnecessary "hump" out at the end.
I'll try to get a pic of my Schrade 8OT... it's very comfortable in use because of those mods. It makes the knife more svelte.... how's THAT for a Friday word? :cool:

I do that to most of my "carry" stockman knives. I also will take some off the kick of the sheepfoot blade, to lower it in the well... usually to where the nail nick is just barely above the spine of the main blade. I also will taper down the tip end of the sheepfoot a little bit, to remove the unnecessary "hump" out at the end.
I'll try to get a pic of my Schrade 8OT... it's very comfortable in use because of those mods. It makes the knife more svelte.... how's THAT for a Friday word? :cool:
I filed the kick on my 34ot sheepfoot, and the spey is already more pointy than my case. I never really thought about modifying the blade shape on either. I like the sheepfoot a bit lower, but I also like being able to pinch the blade on my case.

Single blade Sowbelly is on my shortlist. How’s the typical quality of construction on this one? I love Case, but am tired of getting knives with wobble.

Back