Case Sowbelly

Single blade Sowbelly is on my shortlist. How’s the typical quality of construction on this one? I love Case, but am tired of getting knives with wobble.
Q
I bought mine fro knife center a couple months ago. I do not notice any blade play. My only complaint is there is a very small gap between the scales and bolster at the back spring. I can’t get a finger nail to catch on it but when I look closely I can see it.

Single blade Sowbelly is on my shortlist. How’s the typical quality of construction on this one? I love Case, but am tired of getting knives with wobble.
All the single blade sowbelly I ever had were fine no blade blade or wobble. But I only purchase the models in CV steel and only the yellow derlin model

- am most envious of these Case Sowbelly examples you guys have, they look brilliant, particularly it seems the older ones :thumbsup::thumbsup:. Sadly, not had much luck with Case, and half mine are Bose variety - my own Bose Sowbelly can just insert the corner of an A4 sheet of paper in between liner and backspring. Keeping my eyes open for an older one that comes up s/h for sale - all part of the fun..!

- am most envious of these Case Sowbelly examples you guys have, they look brilliant, particularly it seems the older ones :thumbsup::thumbsup:. Sadly, not had much luck with Case, and half mine are Bose variety - my own Bose Sowbelly can just insert the corner of an A4 sheet of paper in between liner and backspring. Keeping my eyes open for an older one that comes up s/h for sale - all part of the fun..!
I really like the case sow belly and if you don't mind the extra expense you can always send it out to have it recovered and have a one of a kind

I really like the case sow belly and if you don't mind the extra expense you can always send it out to have it recovered and have a one of a kind

- thank you for the suggestion

Issue is, I bought three Bose Case as a trio in matching Ebony. Unfortunately there's a wee issue with all three, but will leave them as they are, as 'a set'.

On the lookout for some others though ;) (just managed to bag my first GEC #15 and #48 - so there's plenty hope yet :cool:)

Back