Centered

Agreed.

When I receive a new folder one of the first things I check for is blade play. I hate blade play and considerate it unacceptable.

If I returned every knife that had blade play out of the box I likely would have gotten fed up dealing with all the returns and extra waiting and given up on buying folders a long time ago. I've never had a folder with blade play that I couldn't fix with a minimal turn of the pivot screw (less than 1/8th"). I cannot comprehend returning a knife without at least attempting such an "adjustment".

I don't consider that tinkering, anymore than if a clip screw were loose. I consider it "tightening the screw". I consider "tinkering" to be an actual change in the physical condition of the knife, like bending the clip or sanding off a rough edge on a liner or handle scale.

On a related note- I sure hope the OP tells us how this whole saga turns out. I imagine I'm not the only one who would be interested to know.

All could be valid except that the issue here is not blade play. It is an off-centered blade.

Agreed.

When I receive a new folder one of the first things I check for is blade play. I hate blade play and considerate it unacceptable.

If I returned every knife that had blade play out of the box I likely would have gotten fed up dealing with all the returns and extra waiting and given up on buying folders a long time ago. I've never had a folder with blade play that I couldn't fix with a minimal turn of the pivot screw (less than 1/8th"). I cannot comprehend returning a knife without at least attempting such an "adjustment".

I don't consider that tinkering, anymore than if a clip screw were loose. I consider it "tightening the screw". I consider "tinkering" to be an actual change in the physical condition of the knife, like bending the clip or sanding off a rough edge on a liner or handle scale.

On a related note- I sure hope the OP tells us how this whole saga turns out. I imagine I'm not the only one who would be interested to know.

Just received the replacement.
Good to go, I liked the pattern on the other one better.
But this one is nice, I'm keeping it.

They emailed me a return label and when they received it they shipped this one the same day.
I have nothing to complain about.

Thank you guys for the help on getting a good knife I am happy with.
29b3wWN.jpg

x4toYLQ.jpg

Just received the replacement.
Good to go, I liked the pattern on the other one better.
But this one is nice, I'm keeping it.

They emailed me a return label and when they received it they shipped this one the same day.
I have nothing to complain about.

Thank you guys for the help on getting a good knife I am happy with.
29b3wWN.jpg

x4toYLQ.jpg

Still a bit off centered to me. Personally, that would still bothers me bit if you’re fine with it, great!

Still a bit off centered to me. Personally, that would still bothers me bit if you’re fine with it, great!

The more I look at it I see that you are right.
It's not off center it looks like the grind is off.
Also the cladding is not uniform either.

Apparently they are not checking the product as I asked them ... Or incompetence of who checked the product.

But... TBH I'm not as bothered by it, as I was the blade being so close to the liners as last time.
I'll keep it, as I do intend on carrying and using it. The aftermarket value is of no importance to me.
DLNxE9L.jpg

Idk ... maybe I should be more upset.
I'll think about it.

The more I look at it I see that you are right.
It's not off center it looks like the grind is off.
Also the cladding is not uniform either.

Apparently they are not checking the product as I asked them ... Or incompetence of who checked the product.

But... TBH I'm not as bothered by it, as I was the blade being so close to the liners as last time.
I'll keep it, as I do intend on carrying and using it. The aftermarket value is of no importance to me.
DLNxE9L.jpg

Idk ... maybe I should be more upset.
I'll think about it.

Yes, it will cut and do whatever you throw at it. It just lack a bit of F&F with the wonky grind.

Yes, it will cut and do whatever you throw at it. It just lack a bit of F&F with the wonky grind.

Yes ... I expected it to be a better example.
I like the feel of it in hand and the wood look is really nice .
So I am going to keep it regardless.

I am disappointed that they sent a subpar model after returning the last one.

Yes ... I expected it to be a better example.
I like the feel of it in hand and the wood look is really nice .
So I am going to keep it regardless.

I am disappointed that they sent a subpar model after returning the last one.

Make sure that you’re really positive on keeping before it is too late. A small hint of doubt will start to grow on you and you’ll sooner or later hating carry it. Me, personally, i will send it back and look for something else. Or you could try for a third time. They said, third time the charm.

Make sure that you’re really positive on keeping before it is too late. A small hint of doubt will start to grow on you and you’ll sooner or later hating carry it. Me, personally, i will send it back and look for something else. Or you could try for a third time. They said, third time the charm.

I have emailed them concerning the dissatisfaction with the outcome of this.
I will weigh it out.
I really don't want to wait an additional two weeks for a replacement.

The only thing that bothers me is the cladding is off.
But my manix looks a bit beat up from using it and sharpening it. In a few months I'll tear up that ugly finish anyhow ha ha.

Your right...
I'm sending it back unfortunately.
Which I'm far beyond upset about.

I look at the defect every time I pick it up.
I can't be doing that at this price point.

Your right...
I'm sending it back unfortunately.
Which I'm far beyond upset about.

I look at the defect every time I pick it up.
I can't be doing that at this price point.

Good call! Better safe than sorry :thumbsup:. They’re plenty options out there too.

Round 3 !!
G8xXfDj.jpg

Looks good
PtlNbKZ.jpg

I can't find anything wrong with this one !
This was a long process but I really like the look and feel of this knife.

Looks great this time! I too can't find anything wrong. Guess third time the charm for real. :D

Last edited:
Back