Charlie Campagna SFO TC ***WINNER see my POST #95***

Great GAW. I've never owned or used a TC barlow (or any of Charlies knives). One of my biggest knife related regrets was _not_ buying the 'good ol days' rooster/chicken barlow <-- do I remember that right? Not an entry.

Hello all,

First post here, I actually found the forums while googling how to purchase a TC Barlow /GEC. So far I have not been lucky enough to buy one but thank you to all for the great information you post. As to why I like Barlows, I'm not really sure. There is something simple about the design that transports me to a time when things moved a little slower, when electronics weren't attached to everyone.

Merry Christmas!

Marty

Last edited:
Hello all,

First post here, I actually found the forums while googling how to purchase a TC Barlow /GEC. So far I have not been lucky enough to buy one but thank you to all for the great information you post. As to why I like Barlows, I'm not really sure. There is something simple about the design that transports me to a time when things moved a little slower, when electronic weren't attached to everyone.

Merry Christmas!

Marty

Welcome, Marty. You are in good company.
A lot of us found BladeForums while searching for information on a knife. And a lot of us like Barlows.

And a Merry Christmas! to you and yours, as well.

Not an entry, but thanks for the extremely generous GAW, Lloyd! :thumbup::thumbup: I really like it that you're giving an opportunity to those of us who've never owned a TC Barlow, and that the knife in question is a 2-blade version.

Best wishes, including Happy Christmas and Prosperous New Year, to all the entrants! :)

- GT

Can I give an entry to Gary above^! :O He's always talked about 2 blade TC's aha

But alas, wonderful idea for a giveaway Lloyd~ Hope it goes to a happy home

I have never carried or even handled a TC in my life. I would love to give one a try some day. My current traditional carry is a small custom fixed blade made of 1095 with an ironwood handle. I have carried it everyday since I got it, everywhere I went. I need a folder as a backup to my EDC knife, maybe i'll have to buy a TC some time soon. I have heard some good things. :thumbup: :D

Cool indian head nickles in the picture by the way. I have a couple silver dimes from pre 1940's and a couple steel pennys as well from 1940's. Cool stuff! :cool:

I'm in!

Looks like a very usable knife - and I am all about using knives - mostly for whittlin'.

I never had a tc barlow that i didnt like that is.

Not an entry ...

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Beautiful knife, please count me in.

A Barlow is my favorite pattern. Growing up on a farm using Imperial shell Barlows and reading about Barlows in Tom Sawyer are prolly why. Tom's Choice indeed.

Well dang. I have never owned a TC, but have wanted to since I first started seeing them. Have definitely been on my wish list for quite some time, but I have not yet been able to match the timing of their release, with my budget. I have always liked Barlow's as the name is my namesake.

Thank you so much for your generosity to the forum. That TC looks like a beauty. I have just recently discovered the utility and value of the sheep's foot. I first bought a Northwoods Michigan, then the 2015 forum knife came in. Now most of the traditionals that I look for, have some type of sheepsfoot combination.

Can I give an entry to Gary above^! :O He's always talked about 2 blade TC's aha
:D:D Good to see you posting here, Tim! :thumbup: You know that even your grailish antique amber sawcut TCs would look even more phenomenal with a nice secondary clip!! ;)

- GT

I have never owned a TC knife or one of that pattern but I would like to try one. It looks like a solid basic knife with all the blades one needs for everyday chores.:)

What a great giveaway, Lloyd! Believe it or not, I do not own a TC of any kind. But I assure you, I have handled many, having done quite a few mods on them. There's nothing more torturing than getting to handle and work with TC's, but not owning one. I was never a huge fan of barlows, until TC's and the like started coming on the scene. They are the cause of me having more barlows than I ever thought I would.

As for the TC's, the thing that gets me is the TC etch on the bolsters. Add to that a nice dark wood like blackwood or ebony.

Thanks for chance at this beauty!

Count me in. I have owned a few GECs but never a TC. They always seem to avoid me. I love the Barlow style and the TC bolster. I specifically love the sheepsfoot blade and black scales on yours. Being chosen for this giveaway would make my year. Thank you!

Incredibly generous of you! I have never owned any Barlow, let alone any TC, but I keep staring at pictures and drooling as I learn more and more about the pattern. So, one sentence huh?

I'm amazed that these patterns are so strikingly beautiful considering their historical origins (from what I understand) are heavy into a common everyday man's daily needs. Several lessons in that I think.

Yay! I've never owned a TC Barlow. They are, ironically, the first GEC pattern I decided I needed. Then I did a little research and discovered the nature of trying to buy a specific GEC, and for one reason or another, it just never happened.

I particularly like that one because African Blackwood is one of my favorite handle materials. "Mpingo" (Blackwood) is actually my screen name on another forum.

Fantastic giveaway! I had a #14 TC Barlow in sawcut black cherry for about two days. Very well made just too small for me and it was subsequently traded for a #77 Barlow that now sees tons of use. I've had several #15 pattern sizes but never a TC. Charlie's attention to detail on this Barlow pattern, the size and blade combo would make an excellent daily carry!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, very generous giveaway, thank you for the opportunity!

I do not currently have one - I've never really been interested in them, as I've always liked the lighter, shorter bolster on the 15s and have a couple of boy's knives that I love... but a few weeks back I picked up a TC off of the exchange to give as a gift. I was blown away! All of my GECs are nice, but the TC I briefly handled (then cleaned, oiled, put away, wrapped and sent off!) was two notches above any that I'd handled in terms of overall fit and finish from GEC. In addition to the overall better polish, something about the bolster just seemed to fit on the frame and totally transformed it. I'm suddenly on the hunt for one to keep for myself!

Last edited:
Thank you for your very generous giveaway. I have never owned a TC or GEC. I am amazed at their simple beauty.

Back