Charlie Campagna

this one with the file work!
uU3Dbxn.jpg

a gift from the fellas at the 2017 rendezvous, purchased from Charlie's collection

Nice knives guys.
Dave my friend- that very elusive 1 of 9 is most probably deserving of a new blade etch of LONE SURVIVOR!

Hey guys I was lucky enough to speak to Charlie this weekend - if you could imagine the copious txts and emails and calls he has received it just isn’t possible for him to answer., so I am incredibly lucky of the timing and who’s phone I happened to ring when they were there. I guess it was a mixture of many things that lead me to be able to talk to our friend.

The great thing is Charlie sounds VERY sharp- I must admit the location I was in and my bad hearing wasn’t a good mix but it was nice - no sorry - it was Fantastic to hear this lovely mans voice and to hear good spirits and well ....just Charlie.

As we know those of us who have had possibly a big operation leaves you exhausted- well so does something like this - the physical side of things where therapy is involved will take its time - and that can be as long as a piece of rope. But it looks amazingly good. Most importantly Charlie is still here with us and I’m excited for his future.

After the meetings and talks with Charlie- it has had a profound effect on me and really has me the want of taking a leaf out of that Mans book - teaching me a lot more than I know, showing in no other way but through actions that a true man is the patient Man, the true man who is generous with his sharing of knowledge and time and even knives, but more than that - his want to nurture many many many others in the World that we are involved in here at Traditionals - and that is not only do we share the passion- and boy do we share this for knives - but with this also a strong sense of decency and respect.
Not only does Charlie lead in knife collecting- but also greatly in what I described above as he sure leads in the form of a very decent man.

I mentioned to Charlie the utter love shown from everyone here - I am not too sure if he has seen this- but I’m sure if directed towards me? I would not be able to stop the tears when reading such amazing outpours of friendship and love.

I hope Charlie has read this thread from his good mate Lyle - because Charlie sounds sharp as one of our sharpest blades- which to me is Magnificent.

Nice knives guys.
Dave my friend- that very elusive 1 of 9 is most probably deserving of a new blade etch of LONE SURVIVOR!

Hey guys I was lucky enough to speak to Charlie this weekend - if you could imagine the copious txts and emails and calls he has received it just isn’t possible for him to answer., so I am incredibly lucky of the timing and who’s phone I happened to ring when they were there. I guess it was a mixture of many things that lead me to be able to talk to our friend.

The great thing is Charlie sounds VERY sharp- I must admit the location I was in and my bad hearing wasn’t a good mix but it was nice - no sorry - it was Fantastic to hear this lovely mans voice and to hear good spirits and well ....just Charlie.

As we know those of us who have had possibly a big operation leaves you exhausted- well so does something like this - the physical side of things where therapy is involved will take its time - and that can be as long as a piece of rope. But it looks amazingly good. Most importantly Charlie is still here with us and I’m excited for his future.

After the meetings and talks with Charlie- it has had a profound effect on me and really has me the want of taking a leaf out of that Mans book - teaching me a lot more than I know, showing in no other way but through actions that a true man is the patient Man, the true man who is generous with his sharing of knowledge and time and even knives, but more than that - his want to nurture many many many others in the World that we are involved in here at Traditionals - and that is not only do we share the passion- and boy do we share this for knives - but with this also a strong sense of decency and respect.
Not only does Charlie lead in knife collecting- but also greatly in what I described above as he sure leads in the form of a very decent man.

I mentioned to Charlie the utter love shown from everyone here - I am not too sure if he has seen this- but I’m sure if directed towards me? I would not be able to stop the tears when reading such amazing outpours of friendship and love.

I hope Charlie has read this thread from his good mate Lyle - because Charlie sounds sharp as one of our sharpest blades- which to me is Magnificent.

Thanks, Duncan! That's very encouraging news.
Charlie's situation crosses my mind daily and I hope and pray for a positive outcome for him.

Great post Duncan My Friend!:thumbsup::cool:
Thank You for the update, it's Much appreciated. :thumbsup:
A couple of shots from the 2018 OKCA show,
The man at play and 4 of a kind....
KIMG0408.jpg
KIMG0421.jpg

You can see Charlie's spirit and passion ALL over his face every time you see him.
He is truly a good man, one that I admire and I'm proud to be his friend. :)

God's speed My Friend !

Dave

Nice knives guys.

Thank you for the update Duncan, sounds like he is doing well. Donna and I continue to send prayers for a complete recovery.

I bought this one from Charlie just a couple of weeks ago at our little local knifers breakfast. It lives in my purse and will remain there.
It’s great to hear that he sounds like himself! That’s the main thing. The physical issues will resolve with therapy. I’m just delighted that he’s having conversations!
Édit, the pic won’t load but the knife is a Tiki douk-douk.

Last edited:
Back