Charlie Campagna

Nice knives guys.
Dave my friend- that very elusive 1 of 9 is most probably deserving of a new blade etch of LONE SURVIVOR!

Hey guys I was lucky enough to speak to Charlie this weekend - if you could imagine the copious txts and emails and calls he has received it just isn’t possible for him to answer., so I am incredibly lucky of the timing and who’s phone I happened to ring when they were there. I guess it was a mixture of many things that lead me to be able to talk to our friend.

The great thing is Charlie sounds VERY sharp- I must admit the location I was in and my bad hearing wasn’t a good mix but it was nice - no sorry - it was Fantastic to hear this lovely mans voice and to hear good spirits and well ....just Charlie.

As we know those of us who have had possibly a big operation leaves you exhausted- well so does something like this - the physical side of things where therapy is involved will take its time - and that can be as long as a piece of rope. But it looks amazingly good. Most importantly Charlie is still here with us and I’m excited for his future.

After the meetings and talks with Charlie- it has had a profound effect on me and really has me the want of taking a leaf out of that Mans book - teaching me a lot more than I know, showing in no other way but through actions that a true man is the patient Man, the true man who is generous with his sharing of knowledge and time and even knives, but more than that - his want to nurture many many many others in the World that we are involved in here at Traditionals - and that is not only do we share the passion- and boy do we share this for knives - but with this also a strong sense of decency and respect.
Not only does Charlie lead in knife collecting- but also greatly in what I described above as he sure leads in the form of a very decent man.

I mentioned to Charlie the utter love shown from everyone here - I am not too sure if he has seen this- but I’m sure if directed towards me? I would not be able to stop the tears when reading such amazing outpours of friendship and love.

I hope Charlie has read this thread from his good mate Lyle - because Charlie sounds sharp as one of our sharpest blades- which to me is Magnificent.

Fantastic news!!!!!!
So nice that you were able to talk with him and thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Nice knives guys.
Dave my friend- that very elusive 1 of 9 is most probably deserving of a new blade etch of LONE SURVIVOR!

Hey guys I was lucky enough to speak to Charlie this weekend - if you could imagine the copious txts and emails and calls he has received it just isn’t possible for him to answer., so I am incredibly lucky of the timing and who’s phone I happened to ring when they were there. I guess it was a mixture of many things that lead me to be able to talk to our friend.

The great thing is Charlie sounds VERY sharp- I must admit the location I was in and my bad hearing wasn’t a good mix but it was nice - no sorry - it was Fantastic to hear this lovely mans voice and to hear good spirits and well ....just Charlie.

As we know those of us who have had possibly a big operation leaves you exhausted- well so does something like this - the physical side of things where therapy is involved will take its time - and that can be as long as a piece of rope. But it looks amazingly good. Most importantly Charlie is still here with us and I’m excited for his future.

After the meetings and talks with Charlie- it has had a profound effect on me and really has me the want of taking a leaf out of that Mans book - teaching me a lot more than I know, showing in no other way but through actions that a true man is the patient Man, the true man who is generous with his sharing of knowledge and time and even knives, but more than that - his want to nurture many many many others in the World that we are involved in here at Traditionals - and that is not only do we share the passion- and boy do we share this for knives - but with this also a strong sense of decency and respect.
Not only does Charlie lead in knife collecting- but also greatly in what I described above as he sure leads in the form of a very decent man.

I mentioned to Charlie the utter love shown from everyone here - I am not too sure if he has seen this- but I’m sure if directed towards me? I would not be able to stop the tears when reading such amazing outpours of friendship and love.

I hope Charlie has read this thread from his good mate Lyle - because Charlie sounds sharp as one of our sharpest blades- which to me is Magnificent.

Thank you for the update Duncan, that is fantastic news, made my day :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the update Duncan! :thumbsup: This one is in my pocket today and it’s a GEM! ;) Just like you Charlie! Get well soon my friend! :)

32817829904_60406537fa_b_d.jpg

Thanks Duncan for the uplifting report. Charlie, we will continue to pray believing for your complete recovery while expecting for you to be back here soon, better than ever.
I'll be carrying Lucky #7 Harness Jack next week, grateful to have it, thanks to you Charlie.

wrGXfkl.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my "Charlie" carry for the coming week. What will you be carrying for Charlie?
View attachment 1122641
OG
bsIjVnQ.jpg

Been carrying this one for Charlie, I have faith he's going to be OK and posting again soon. We're all going to look at our alerts and see "Waynorth liked your post in..." And we're going to collectively smile think "our friend has returned!" God speed in your recovery Charlie!

Thank you Duncan it's great to hear he's doing well. I don't have any of Charlie's SFO’S but I was able to dedicate my Avatar to him. Thanks for the great idea Wharn :D I have bought and sold countless knives over the past few years I've been hanging around here but I have to say it was a true honor back a few months ago when I was able to actually sell Charlie a Barlow Knife for his Amazing collection.:cool::thumbsup: That's one sale I'll never regret. God Speed Charlie.

20190506_002114.jpg

Last edited:
Man that camp knife sure looks Great with a patina Buzz! :cool::cool: Was it forced?
Thanks for posting it! :thumbsup:

Dave

Much of that patina is the cumulative result of years of cooking beer can chickens on the Weber grill, and using the blades to cut up lemons. Lots of lime cutting for my Coronas too. :D:D:D But there is some actual patina from non-kitchen duties as well. I use the Texas Camp quite a bit when I go camping. It's my one folder that's large enough to handle the big jobs, that also has a blade small enough to take care of the finesse tasks. It's a wonderful design. Too big for everyday use, but perfect for outdoors.

Back