Choose the Handle for the 2017 Forum Knife!!

Choose one micarta handle!

• Olive Drab Canvas

Votes: 48 14.9%
  • Natural Canvas

Votes: 176 54.5%
  • Black Linen

Votes: 39 12.1%
  • Olive Drab Linen

Votes: 8 2.5%
  • Red Linen

Votes: 52 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you actually dye micarta??

Looks like this poll is well over in fact, nothing can come near to the leader. So be it.

Yup - looking like the big winner is Natural Canvas. Should be a great-looking knife with that cover. :thumbsup: I will be very happy if I can get ahold of one! :)

If they do, however, offer Natural Canvas and...the current runner-up as a second color choice...well then Imightjusthavetogowiththered. :D

I went with the Olive Drab but it looks like the Natural is going to be the winner. At any rate any one of them will work for me just fine, I can't wait to get my hands on one.

Thanks to all who make this possible.

Yup - looking like the big winner is Natural Canvas. Should be a great-looking knife with that cover. :thumbsup: I will be very happy if I can get ahold of one! :)

If they do, however, offer Natural Canvas and...the current runner-up as a second color choice...well then Imightjusthavetogowiththered. :D
If they offered both I would try and get one of each

For me, if there was a color choice, I would take either the red or the green canvas over the natural. But I seriously doubt that would happen. I'll be perfectly happy with the natural in any case.

I second that! I'd have a tough time choosing between Natural Canvas & Red Linen, so getting one of each would solve that if possible.

As it stands though, I'm cool with Natural winning so far, and likely decidedly so. I was afraid we'd get a winner with only 21% of the vote - but fortunately it appears that we'll have a clear champion.

Last edited:
Can you actually dye micarta??

Looks like this poll is well over in fact, nothing can come near to the leader. So be it.

Yup, with RIT garment dye. Pretty easy and there's threads about it all over BFC. Granted, I don't know what type of finish, if any, GEC puts on their micarta, but you would need to strip that first (if it's there). Sorry to get off-topic guys.

Yup, with RIT garment dye. Pretty easy and there's threads about it all over BFC. Granted, I don't know what type of finish, if any, GEC puts on their micarta, but you would need to strip that first (if it's there). Sorry to get off-topic guys.

leather dye works pretty well, too.

I can't stop thinking of the Yosemite Sam cartoon where he rides a dragon or a camel and first its hyaaah hyaaa mule then he has to stop and it's whoooa dragon whoooaaaa.
Except in this case natural canvas micarta.
I'm in for one btw.:D

Per our informal discussions, and the restrictions requested by GEC, we have 5 choices for the BF knife handles. Please vote ONLY if you plan on buying a knife or two. This poll will close in two weeks!
The knife this year is a Sheepfoot single-bladed TC Barlow!!

bf-knife-2017_zpshusqksltsample%20micartas_zpsgjk4js8h.jpg

Per our informal discussions, and the restrictions requested by GEC, we have 5 choices for the BF knife handles. Please vote ONLY if you plan on buying a knife or two. This poll will close in two weeks!
The knife this year is a Sheepfoot single-bladed TC Barlow!!

bf-knife-2017_zpshusqksltsample%20micartas_zpsgjk4js8h.jpg

The poll shows that it was closed yesterday.
It would have a lock symbol if it was closed. The pin is the sticky symbol, the graph is the poll symbol. I'm still getting used to this new forum software myself.
I'm sure Charlie will get to it shortly.

Gary, I think the poll is closed but the thread is still open. I never voted but the option was always there until yesterday. It's gone now so I think the poll itself is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back