Choose the Handle for the 2017 Forum Knife!!

Choose one micarta handle!

• Olive Drab Canvas

Votes: 48 14.9%
  • Natural Canvas

Votes: 176 54.5%
  • Black Linen

Votes: 39 12.1%
  • Olive Drab Linen

Votes: 8 2.5%
  • Red Linen

Votes: 52 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my aged natural canvas next to my only red linen handled knife.

Are we ever going to have a better opportunity to own a red linen Barlow than this forum knife? Less than two weeks to change your vote! Just sayin.

zwoit0b.jpg

Are we ever going to have a better opportunity to own a red linen Barlow than this forum knife? Less than two weeks to change your vote! Just sayin.

zwoit0b.jpg

That is a stellar pic showcasing both colors/materials. I admit, between the two, I am rather partial to the red. However, though there is time yet, I think the natural option has quite the commanding lead, I had no idea it was so well liked.

Knurling turtle if you get tired of that NF canvas Barlow you could send it my way lol. I have the same knife in the 2 blade configuration thanks to a nice gentleman in New York. At first I did not like the looks of the natural canvas in pictures it just didn't appeal to me at all but I wanted to try a NF Barlow and man am I glad I did . It has become my favorite by far out of several other gec barlows . I would tell someone to give it a try I'm sure it will grow on you fast. All tho I would be happy any of the cover choices whatever it may be .

Last edited:

For me, a Red Linen Barlow would see a lot of pocket time, the natural canvas, not so much.

zwoit0b.jpg

Last edited:
Red is my favorite color, and I like the red linen, but there is something very "workman" about the natural canvas scales that I think is perfect for an affordable TC Barlow.

All of the choices are swell, but I am glad that it appears we'll end up with the Natural Canvas with a convincing margin.

Can't wait for this one, but I also really, really, really want Charlie to grant us more Soup Bone Anniversary Barlows...maybe after this BF's knife :D:D

Last edited:
Can't wait for this one, but I also really, really, really want Charlie to grant us more Soup Bone Anniversary Barlows...maybe after this BF's knife :D:D

Yeah I need a soup bone Barlow in my life, particularly a red one... That would make my year if another run of those happened.

Thanks for the great picture, Turtle.

The red is my favorite micarta (by far). So the chance of a TC Barlow with those scales is exciting.

Thank you Charlie and Jack and any others who are making this happen for another year.

I voted OD canvas before seeing how the poll was going. As many probably will, I am in for one no matter the cover material.

Thank you Charlie and Barry for putting this together again this year! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

This poll doesn't seem to be generating much interest. What gives??
My guess is everyone who wants Natural Canvas sees how far ahead it is, and figures there's no need to vote.
Folks who want something else figure there's no point. Maybe some folks really are OK with whatever, so they leave the choice to those who have stronger feelings regarding the cover material.

I predict twice as many will buy a knife as vote in the poll.

But I'm just guessing...

As of this post, that would be over 500, Rachel!
I also think it will sell out. Many have expressed delight that they will get a good shot at getting one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back