Choose the Handle for the 2017 Forum Knife!!

Choose one micarta handle!

• Olive Drab Canvas

Votes: 48 14.9%
  • Natural Canvas

Votes: 176 54.5%
  • Black Linen

Votes: 39 12.1%
  • Olive Drab Linen

Votes: 8 2.5%
  • Red Linen

Votes: 52 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it makes any difference, canvas is made up of mostly cotton or hemp with some epoxy as a binder. If we compare this to stabilized bone or wood, it is a natural material with a polymer (epoxy or cyanoacrylate) filling in any air spaces in the material. Either way: natural material with a polymer for durability/longevity!
Honestly, it doesn't; but I appreciate the effort :thumbsup:.
I actually like micarta as a handle material...I just don't want it on my traditionals. I almost like maroon/red linen enough to consider violating that long standing position; but, from the look of the poll, I'll be spared that decision.

Well, it looks like it's going to be OD Linen :D

The few, the proud.... :D

Wow. Natural is not just leading, it is getting more votes than everything else combined. No need for a runoff here!

Ah, but the poll is young.

Put another way, 89 out of 500 would like natural canvas. ;)

~ P.

... yeah, likely an insurmountable lead.

I thought I was going to prefer olive drab canvas, until I saw the natural. The OD would still be my second choice, but it doesn't look like we will need to worry about that.
:thumbsup: +1

Nice! Thanks Charlie and Gary! I voted but am withholding my choice so as not to seem unnatural. ;)

I have agreed to distribute the 2017 BF Knife again this year on a pre-sale system. Stay tuned for details on early bird discount.:eek::confused::thumbsup::cool::rolleyes:

Thank you for taking this job again this year. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I voted for Red early on in the hopes it would create some momentum because it's so clearly the best choice. It's always odd to see how many people get it wrong when answering an online poll. ;)

Natural would have been my third choice behind red and black but seriously, natural looks really nice. It's gonna be sweet!

I'm curious as to how many of these will be made. Will they be as available as the 2016 knife was? Since they're Barlows won't there be a higher demand and people buying more than one?

Anyway, since I don't yet have a TV Barlow I will most definitely be trying to get at least one.

Somewhere in this thread Charlie posted that he intends to order 500. There should be enough for anyone that wants one. Keep an eye out for a thread announcing that orders can be placed, and the details on that. Get your order in early, just to be on the safe side.

There's been some preliminary discussion on how to insure that the process is fair and equitable. Charlie or Barry can speak to that when the time is right.

Voted! So excited to be a part of this process again, still love my 2014 forum knife, however, regardless of the handle colour/material, I'm sure this knife will receive a large amount of pocket time.

As I always say, thanks again to everyone involved, really looking forward to seeing the ordering thread pop up, I'm easily in for one!

It makes me wonder though, had the black and red colors been offered in canvas, would there be more support for those options versus the natural?

I think I'd have voted red canvas if it was an option... I do like the textured look quite a bit.

As one of the folks without a TC Barlow currently, this is very exciting. Thank you gentlemen for making this possible!

It seems like I just received last year's offering and it's time again. It caught me off guard but what a nice surprise. A joy to be (probably) able to purchase a TC Barlow.
Thank you all again.

I voted for Red early on in the hopes it would create some momentum because it's so clearly the best choice. It's always odd to see how many people get it wrong when answering an online poll. ;)

Natural would have been my third choice behind red and black but seriously, natural looks really nice. It's gonna be sweet!

Took the words right out of my mouth. If only more people consulted us prior to casting any vote, would remove much of the uncertainty of subjectivity. :D

Red Linen looks great...Don't have one yet, really want something with it at some point. This would be a nice one to start with. Black has that nice refined look. Really like that too. Natural Canvas, none of the pictures I've seen with it jump out and make me say...."I want that!". But it's looking like I'll have the chance to see how much I like it. :rolleyes:

Black goes with everything though. Plus I have a black cat and dog, so the inevitable hair might be less noticeable.:D:rolleyes: Whatever, thanks gents.:)
Thanks, Neal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back