1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Choose the Handle for the 2017 Forum Knife!!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waynorth, Apr 30, 2017.

Choose one micarta handle!

Poll closed May 14, 2017.
  1. Olive Drab Canvas

48 vote(s)
    14.9%
  2. Natural Canvas

176 vote(s)
    54.5%
  3. Black Linen

39 vote(s)
    12.1%
  4. Olive Drab Linen

8 vote(s)
    2.5%
  5. Red Linen

52 vote(s)
    16.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Honestly, it doesn't; but I appreciate the effort :thumbsup:.
    I actually like micarta as a handle material...I just don't want it on my traditionals. I almost like maroon/red linen enough to consider violating that long standing position; but, from the look of the poll, I'll be spared that decision.

neal70 likes this.
  2. pertinux

pertinux

Feb 1, 2012
    The few, the proud.... :D

Ah, but the poll is young.

Put another way, 89 out of 500 would like natural canvas. ;)

~ P.

... yeah, likely an insurmountable lead.

3. Taike

Taike

Sep 29, 2016
    Same for me. Glad to be a part.

4. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
    :thumbsup: +1

Thank you for taking this job again this year. :thumbsup:

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    neal70 likes this.
  5. Knurling_turtle

Knurling_turtle

Jan 31, 2016
    I voted for Red early on in the hopes it would create some momentum because it's so clearly the best choice. It's always odd to see how many people get it wrong when answering an online poll. ;)

Natural would have been my third choice behind red and black but seriously, natural looks really nice. It's gonna be sweet!

bflying, tmd_87 and JSutter like this.
  6. Jak3

Jak3

Sep 6, 2016
    I'm curious as to how many of these will be made. Will they be as available as the 2016 knife was? Since they're Barlows won't there be a higher demand and people buying more than one?

Anyway, since I don't yet have a TV Barlow I will most definitely be trying to get at least one.

7. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Somewhere in this thread Charlie posted that he intends to order 500. There should be enough for anyone that wants one. Keep an eye out for a thread announcing that orders can be placed, and the details on that. Get your order in early, just to be on the safe side.

There's been some preliminary discussion on how to insure that the process is fair and equitable. Charlie or Barry can speak to that when the time is right.

8. netguy1999

netguy1999

Jan 11, 2006
    I'm am so stoked for this! I can't wait to order mine!

TFBraden and Coldwaters like this.
  9. Breaker Morant

Breaker Morant

Jun 23, 2013
    Well I just Voted and I'm in for 2 of Natural Micarta and Thank You Charlie ... :)

TFBraden and Ramrodmb like this.
  10. exxarkun78

exxarkun78

Aug 24, 2010
    Natural micarta .. it seems the earth tone have won me over from the dark side of black knives

TFBraden and JSutter like this.
  11. hose56

hose56 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2009
    They all look nice. How does a person order one?

12. Bullion

Bullion

Oct 21, 2012
    Voted! So excited to be a part of this process again, still love my 2014 forum knife, however, regardless of the handle colour/material, I'm sure this knife will receive a large amount of pocket time.

As I always say, thanks again to everyone involved, really looking forward to seeing the ordering thread pop up, I'm easily in for one!

TFBraden likes this.
  13. Polynikes01

Polynikes01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2016
    I think I'd have voted red canvas if it was an option... I do like the textured look quite a bit.

TFBraden likes this.
  14. sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Apr 16, 2012
    As one of the folks without a TC Barlow currently, this is very exciting. Thank you gentlemen for making this possible!

TFBraden likes this.
  15. Easyrider

Easyrider

Jan 31, 2000
    So, where and when do I send money?

TFBraden and Polynikes01 like this.
  16. heefageLA

heefageLA Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Ill be ordering two for sure.

Natural Canvas gets my vote!

TFBraden likes this.
  17. Stand Straight

Stand Straight

Oct 11, 2013
    It seems like I just received last year's offering and it's time again. It caught me off guard but what a nice surprise. A joy to be (probably) able to purchase a TC Barlow.
    Thank you all again.

18. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Took the words right out of my mouth. If only more people consulted us prior to casting any vote, would remove much of the uncertainty of subjectivity. :D

Red Linen looks great...Don't have one yet, really want something with it at some point. This would be a nice one to start with. Black has that nice refined look. Really like that too. Natural Canvas, none of the pictures I've seen with it jump out and make me say...."I want that!". But it's looking like I'll have the chance to see how much I like it. :rolleyes:

19. gunstockjack

gunstockjack Mid-low tech sexagenarian. Gold Member

May 14, 2011
    The nice thing about natural canvas micarta is that it ages to a beautiful mellow color after use and handling that brings out the canvas grain.

JSutter, neal70 and TFBraden like this.
  20. neal70

neal70

Jun 3, 2015
    Black goes with everything though. Plus I have a black cat and dog, so the inevitable hair might be less noticeable.:D:rolleyes: Whatever, thanks gents.:)
    Thanks, Neal

JSutter and T. Erdelyi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.