Chuck's Heart Attack

Prayers sent for a speedy recovery. Miracles do happen, I thought I was seeing my dad for the last time two weekends ago, but he's doing much better now.

Smoke & Prayers sent from the Burton clan to the Buck clan. CJ, tell your Dad we are all here for him and your family.

John

Latest update as of 7:15pm Friday PST...

Mom just got done talking with the doctor. Surgery went well and Chuck is in an induced coma recovering. Doc gave him 15-20 years with proper maintenance...you know the drill. Mom said the doc told her that if they had waited another couple of days he would have died. That shook her. She was in good spirits as she was surrounded by family all day in the waiting room. Will visit the ol' man tomorrow. Thanks again for all the prayers and wishes. I was passing them along throughout the day in the waiting room.

That's wonderful.

Thanks again for taking the time to keep this bunch informed.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Great news indeed-take good care of him and God Bless.

Must have been Buck scalpels being used :)

Wonderful news and thank you CJ for your thoughtfulness, with all that you have on you, in keeping us informed. My very kindest regards to you and your family.

Thanks for the update. Very happy to hear the prognosis. Will keep you all in my prayers from NorCal.
Bob

I hope he recovers fast. Buck knives will need him:D Saw him last year at the 2012 Oregon Knife Show and it was very cool.:thumbup:

Thanks, CJ.

It was kind of you to let us know, and to keep us updated.

I froze when I saw the thread title. Oh, damn. Please, let it be "only serious."

I'm glad they got to it in time, and I'm very happy indeed that they've "extended his warranty."

Please give him my best. No, he doesn't know me; we've only met a few times. Still, I'd like him to know that some -- even many -- of his strangers are friends.

Never met your mom. But you can tell her some guy in your town who only comes by a few times a year is praying for her man.

And thanks for keeping things on an even keel. I know from experience that it's not as easy as it looks, even when it looks hard.

I look forward to hearing more good news.

Keep it coming -- and keep the faith.

~~ Garry

Sorry to hear that Dad and all of you are going through this. Very happy to hear that everything was caught in the nick of time and that the surgery was successful. Prayers and best wishes for a speedy anc complete recovery. Having had the pleasure of meeting Chuck last year at the Shenandoah Knife Collectors show I would dearly like to rrepeat that meeting for many more years to come. Please keep us updated on his progress.

Back