CKE Nessmuk Passaround

Sorry for the delay getting the addy out to Dougo. I have been really busy. I will email/PM him the next addy right now.

Barber...pretty sure he means that he lost the paper:)

Thanks again for all the patience here folks:thumbup:

Craig

apparently i am the "idiot". i mentioned forgetting to put it in there to cke2 already, he will send the address.

Dude...you read what I wrote I said some idiot tossed the box...that would be me...:rolleyes:

and...I got the e-mail today..so I guess I will try to get to the PO on the 26th...there's no way to get there tomorrow...

A couple days is not going to make or break anyone. Get to the post office when you can.

A couple days is not going to make or break anyone. Get to the post office when you can.

Sure will, man. Sorry this thing got so far off track. It's a good knife and I know these guys will enjoy it...

Keep your eyes on the mail, Chickenplucker. Probably be in your hands shortly after the new year.

CKE--I would like to ask ya a few questions about the sheath/baldric. Can you e-mail me when ya get a chance?

PeACE
Dougo

I got it in the mail today! Just before the holiday weekend! I plan on hitting the trail on Monday and will post some pics and a review at that time.

It's going to be hard to give this knife up. This is the first time I've ever handled a Nessie and it just feels right in my hand.

I got it in the mail today! Just before the holiday weekend! I plan on hitting the trail on Monday and will post some pics and a review at that time.

It's going to be hard to give this knife up. This is the first time I've ever handled a Nessie and it just feels right in my hand.

have fun with it, its a great little knife :thumbup:

Thanks guys:thumbup:

Glad it is out there having some fun:D

Sorry for the delay in posting about this little nessie. I have misplaced my outdoor pics but I have a couple that show one area this baby shines,food prep. This knife would make the perfect small camp kitchen knife for my use.
After receiving it I thought that the handles were entirely too narrow but the more I handled it the more I enjoyed it. The overall size of this knife would make a great necker or strapped to a shoulder strap. I think you have a winner here. Thanks for the opportunity and let us know when you start producing it.:thumbup:
IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

Alright - Here's my review of this knife.

As someone else mentioned - upon opening the box I thought the handle was very thin... until I put it in my hand, just feels natural in my hand and fit perfectly. I really enjoy the color of the handle as well as the three holes in the handle. This could prove very useful in the event you needed to lash it to a pole or branch.

I really love the leatherwork but was not a fan of the baldric. I think it is pretty cool looking, but I would never carry a knife with it so it's design is lost with me. I found the kydex to be pretty darn tight putting the knife in, almost to the point that my belt was moving all around trying to put it back in the sheath. I'm a huge fan of leather and liked the craftsmanship of the leather sheat alot.

I really enjoyed the design of the blade. Having never handled nor used a Nessmuck in the past I didn't know what to expect of the design. It excelled in the kitchen as you can see in the pics below. It's an awesome slicer.

I had a old tree that blew over at the park that decided to play around with as you'll see in the pictures. In a modified grip I was able to use the small blade to chop through some of the smaller limbs to get down to just the trunk. I then cut it into a few manageable lenghts with a saw and tried to split a length of it. I battoned a bit until I was able to spread the wood by hand and baton the rest of the way with a piece of wood instead of the knife. It was a bit difficult to baton with because the end of the blade slopes down. I don't baton much so this is of little consequence to me. I then removed a good bit of bark, which this knife REALLY excelled at. It was comfortable to use and small enough to allow me to maintain the grip on the knife while simultaneously moving peices of wood around while still holding on the knife. It was a joy to work with and I think CKE2 very much for putting this together. Great knife!

Slicing some ribs!

012-7.jpg

013-8.jpg

Tree work in the garage because it was too darn cold and dark outside. Oh - Pep had to get in the picture as well.

001-7.jpg

Modified grip for chopping

002-7.jpg

Bark that i stripped fairly easily

003-6.jpg

Getting it started

005-7.jpg

006-7.jpg

Switch to wood to save the blade

007-7.jpg

In two

008-8.jpg