Cliff Stamp Has Passed Away

Very sad that he passed away..
I was shocked when I read about it.
47 years... crazy.. way too young.
But what do I know.. The ways of the forces unseen are not known to us.
Maybe there's a better purpose for him going over to the other side..

I have e-mailed with him in the past a lot.
Besides his extensive knowledge on steel and blades. He also had quite a lot of knowledge on other subjects.

Dang. Learned a lot from that man.

World is a lesser place without him.

RIP

Dear Cliff,
Before I joined Bladeforums I used to just read on here and you really stuck out . I always enjoyed reading your older posts and your controversial insight. It was refreshing to see you didn't disappear from the knife community and joined YouTube to reach more people.

You will always be missed my friend.

I saw this announcement from Shawn, @DeadboxHero , on the Spyderco forum and am not sure if it has been announced here.

Love him or hate him, Cliff was a big part of the knife scene for many years, beginning, (for me at least), during the 90's.

We had many occasions while he was a member of these forums to converse as well as lock horns...he never made it easy on the mods. Water under the bridge.

That said, he gave a great deal to the knife community and the quest for knowledge about knives, their steels and their edges...whether one agreed with his take or his methods.

R.I.P., Cliff.
I am terribly sorry to learn this. I learned much from him and had several correspondence with him. His passing is very sad news to me. RIP Dr. Stamp

Back