Cloak & Dagger Exotica

Hey Don,
Check out www.uscav.com, they have the OSS triangular blade dagger in their line-up. Good luck, and let me know if that is what you wanted.
Reed

Edited cause the comma was in the link.

I have two of the H.G. Long & Co. Reproductions. They're awesome pieces. And a Lapel Dagger and a Thumb Dagger from same to boot! ALl great.

I might get the Overseas knockoff that you posted about though, because they're great throwers and I'm not throwing the H.G. Long & Co. Reproductions, that's for sure. :D

If you search back through this thread, you will see the H.G. Long & Co. SOE/OSS Daggers...they're excellent.

I had Bill Siegle do me a chisel ground Lapel Dagger earlier. Awesome piece for such a small knife.

I still think for daggers, go with the Strider PH or KH, those are two nasty blades, that can be thrown if you don't mind throwing $250-275 knives. Haven't got up the courage to throw them yet so I do use that dagger that I posted. It throws decent, but then I am not an operator, so I have no real need to throw it, so I can goof off with it.

Chisel ground Bill Siegle lapel dagger? Sounds sweet. I haven't seen much of his stock, but what little I have handled has been expertly done. Is that a standard model customized or did you give him a description and he made it up from there?

I saw the H.C. Long & Co. Reproductions daggers. Going to have to get me some of those.

Take it easy,
Reed

Striders are MASSIVE COOL Fixed Blades. I mean that, they are awesome. Nite quite as concealable as this genre of knives, these were deep cover knives...

As for finding H.G. Long & Co. "New Old Stock," if you find any, remember, "Friends who care are friends who share." They're hard to find.

The ones that are marked "Fury" are from different makers cashing in on a good idea. The sheaths are garbage. They have made the larger lapel and sleeve daggers, copies...

As for the Siegle Lapel Dagger, I specifically wanted it chisel ground. The purpose was twofold;

#1 It will lie flatter, therefore, conceal better.

#2 For defensive purposes on small fixed blades and folders, a chisel grind is more than sufficient to get the job done.

Bill S. and I have talked quite a bit and we have similar interests in blades, he has a taste for the Covert Edged Weapon as well. Now I want him to reproduce the H.G. Long Sleeve Dagger with Triangular Blade out of round bar stock and make me one longer, as well as other things in the near future.

And don't forget the Perrin Designs earlier in this thread, they are DYNAMITE.

If I find any of the H.C. Long and Co., I will definitely share the wealth, but so far, no dice.

As to the Striders, you are right about them not being deep cover knives, but they are still good for in the pants carry.

I can definitely see your point on chisel ground. It is very effective for a smaller signature.

Any price yet on Bill Seigle Triangle blade? I would like one of those longer too. Can you tell him for me, or give me his contact info? or you could order two and I could get you the money. Is he going to make the sheath as well? There are a couple of kydex wizards that could make some nice work, or for the softer look, there are a couple of leather workers that come to mind that could do any thing from a stich on sheath to a forearm rig.

Let me know, these sound really nasty and I would really like to get one.
Thanks,
Reed

Reed,

Sometimes he reads this forum, I shall direct him to the thread again today or tomorrow.

there is a sheath maker here in town who makes all of pat crawfords sheaths and has shown me some very nice g10 and micarta round stock made into a black bic pen looking device that uses a round bic pen top that covers a sharpened point....it looks just like a round bic pen but it is in reality a stabbinbg/jabbing weapon...he has made these for a few years and they look great and work well...i think he sells them for something like 20 bucks delivered but is so back ordered with pat crawford for sheaths as well as custom sheaths for people like myself he may have trouble getting them out in a timely fashion....would anyone be interested in some of these IF he will take the time to make them....let me know and i will hook you up...i really have no interest in making any money off of this and will forward your name and stats to him if he agrees...any takers?....feverdoc@yahoo.com

Hey Don,
I know it isn't JSP again, but it is more in my price range. Besides, its a thrower, and nobody I know of would throw a JSP unless they had to. Check out knifezilla.com and go to the throwers in the fixed blade section. They have some mini delta darts and an OSS triangle blade dart. These are perfect for use and abuse.
Take it easy,
Reed

Hey! Look what I found on E-bay! This one is incredibly rare, never heard of one like this, but the Dealer is a Legitimate OSS/SOE Collector and he says this is a rare piece. I've never seen a handle like this and I warn you, this is sexually graphic. But, check it out. Apparently the guys in the Brit SOE and American OSS had a really demented sense of humor that I can sometimes identify with.

Click HERE!

Hey Don, are you sure that the handle on that thing is brass? Looks more to me like ......German Wood. :eek:

Don, this past weekend I was able to make a few prototype pencils.
I opted for the ferrule and eraser machined on the end.
I hope to be able to take a few pictures over the next few days so you can take a gander. They do take a needle like point. Presently I am using a pen cap as an improvised sheath. I'll make a delrin sheath for them later.
Next on the agenda is to make a triangular bladed pointy thingy (of the OSS variety) out of 1/2"dia ti rod stock. I'll want to make a kydex rig for that.
Again, pics coming soonest.

Have a good day.:)

Don,
I hope to set up and post a link for pics tomorrow night. I believe that the only hinderance will be my inability.:eek:

I sent you an E-mail back about them, and if you want me to, I can post the pics no problem.

Back