Cody Lundin Knife?

I learn from any source available. I discern what is practical for me. Proven in application is my measure. My thanks to those more knowledgeable who share. This forum is gold.

I learn from any source available. I discern what is practical for me. Proven in application is my measure. My thanks to those more knowledgeable who share. This forum is gold.

Thank you Taldesta, I feel the same way. When I set my ego aside I learn a lot here. I grew up in rural southern Ontario. I made maple syrup, picked puff ball mushrooms, asparagus and fished every decent creek\river in my area that drained into Lake Ontario. I used to make my own Borax toughened roe sacks for the rainbows\steel head etc. I drove tractors in an apple orchard and milked cows in after school jobs to buy my own .410\.22's etc. I saw a lot out there growing up in the country. On the other side of the coin my parents divorced when I was young. And I later chose to get into drugs and booze for the next twenty years or so. And through those years I still pursued outdoor interests after leaving the hard streets of Toronto and Vancouver. After cleaning up I found myself with a grade eight education at 37 years old, so I made some changes. I have made many, many changes in my life. A fellow was talking about dropping survivalists off in the ghettos of Brazil, that hit home. I have seen and know what it takes as a hard core street life city survivor. The funny part of all this for me now is that I just have non linear chunks of knowledge\experiences that have formed my world view. I am acutely aware of my own personal character defects and I see them crop up now and then in threads. But lately I have been reminding myself that I do not know it all and that other opinions, regardless of my own, also deserve a hearing. I am trying to absorb what helps me on my outdoor journey\interests, while not being a sarcastic ass. And believe me I struggle with this at times. I have a love for many aspects of the outdoors and when I set my delicate ego aside I usually learn something here. Thanks to everyone here that could have put a boot on my neck at times, but chose kindness instead. I see my journey now as life long learning, and I truly appreciate member input here, despite the occasional lumpy\bumpy interaction.

Oooops, this was about C.L.'S knife........... I don't know. I'm on a Mora kick right now.... my journey continues and I don't know what is around the next bend. :)

Last edited:
Oooops, this was about C.L.'S knife........... I don't know. I'm on a Mora kick right now.... my journey continues and I don't know what is around the next bend. :)

What? We're talking about knives? :D I like the knife they designed. It's pretty cool and would be a great knife if they made it in 3/32" thick. I'd buy one.

Stumbled across this old thread and am resurrecting it: the knife Cody Lundin carried for decades LOOKED like a Mora #1, but it was actually from a maker named "Premier" that went out of business many years ago. Mora is the name of a town in Sweden in which there were many knife makers, one of which was named Mora. Frost and Erickson were also foundries in Mora that no longer exist. So to be technically accurate, Cody's knife LOOKED like a Mora, and it was manufactured in Mora, but not by the company named Mora.

Necro'ing a thread more than a couple of years old is generally frowned upon.

Five pages of discussing a portly hippie walking barefoot is tedious to boot IMO (no pun intended).

The comment "look for the Cody Lundin Boot Knife" was gold though.

Feel free to start a new thread.

Necro'ing a thread more than a couple of years old is generally frowned upon.

Five pages of discussing a portly hippie walking barefoot is tedious to boot IMO (no pun intended).

The comment "look for the Cody Lundin Boot Knife" was gold though.

Feel free to start a new thread.
A well educated and hard working "hippie" is more worthy of discussion then most of the "experts" that get discussed on these forums. It'll never cease to shock me how someone who looks the part but knows nothing gets more respect then someone who's knowledgeable but doesn't look how they're "supposed to." Seems to be how most people operate though. I laugh every time somebody says a man in a suit "looks good" or "looks professional." When I see a man in a suit my reaction is "what do they want?" Who wears suits? Lawyers, salesman, politicians...but now I'm ranting. :)

And I agree, reviving an old thread is frowned upon when nothing really new is added. However, this subforum sees so little traffic now that this topic is spread so thin across the forum at large that I hardly think anyone really cares.

Stumbled across this old thread and am resurrecting it: the knife Cody Lundin carried for decades LOOKED like a Mora #1, but it was actually from a maker named "Premier" that went out of business many years ago. Mora is the name of a town in Sweden in which there were many knife makers, one of which was named Mora. Frost and Erickson were also foundries in Mora that no longer exist. So to be technically accurate, Cody's knife LOOKED like a Mora, and it was manufactured in Mora, but not by the company named Mora.

And Premier was just a Canadian cutlery importer rather than a maker. I don't know if they are still in business but I bought a Premier/Mora in Victoria B.C. maybe 25 years ago. Still have it.

A well educated and hard working "hippie" is more worthy of discussion then most of the "experts" that get discussed on these forums. It'll never cease to shock me how someone who looks the part but knows nothing gets more respect then someone who's knowledgeable but doesn't look how they're "supposed to." Seems to be how most people operate though. I laugh every time somebody says a man in a suit "looks good" or "looks professional." When I see a man in a suit my reaction is "what do they want?" Who wears suits? Lawyers, salesman, politicians...but now I'm ranting. :)

And I agree, reviving an old thread is frowned upon when nothing really new is added. However, this subforum sees so little traffic now that this topic is spread so thin across the forum at large that I hardly think anyone really cares.

Ohh, I agree. Ill take Lundin over Grylls any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

And yes, the rest of your post was indeed a rant:D

Good to know you have CONSENT to start a new thread. :p
Was this some kind of (misplaced) jab at me?:)

If so, I was merely referring to a forum rule, which I think kinda make sense (if you dont, Im sure, you are most welcome to take it up with the MODS in Tech Support.

If Im barking up the wrong tree then feel free to disregard.

We have mods to interpret and enforce what rules Spark has created. As for the rule you believe exists, it depends. A mod might say "an old post with nothing of note added." A new post might make no sense in view of time passed - or otherwise. A new repetition of an old question might raise a good issue that has yet to be answered. So age alone is not determinative, if there were a ""rule."

If the old thread isn't too long, is still relevant, and the necropost is on topic, no problem.

Last edited:
As a Mod, I'd prefer someone does their research before starting a new thread, and sometimes bringing back an old thread is like bringing back an old friend. As long as there's new discussion happening, I'm fine with it, personally.

Back