COLD STEEL IN TV/MOVIES

Looks like a Safe Maker 1 in the live-action Cowboy Bebop on Netflix. Could be wrong though.

2CFbY0t.png

Last edited:
Believe you're right:thumbsup:. What are the chances the bali across from it is actually a Paradox?😁

I was thinking that too, but not sure.

I believe that, my friends, is a Benchmade Model 62.

IMG-2545.jpg

But I think I also see the unique lines of a Cold Steel Tiger Claw in that shot.

IMG-2546.jpg

It's too blurry to tell for sure, but there also might be a Peace Maker III next to the Black Talon.

IMG-2548.jpg

Keanu Reeves is a knife guy. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he had some say in the knives selected for his character.

-Steve

Didn't see this one mentioned. Was watching Universal Soldier and all of a sudden, Magnum Tanto II clear as day. He uses it to remove a tracking device from his leg. Found this pic online.

Screenshot_20211207-212950_kindlephoto-198557882.png

"All the Devil's Men"

It's a movie about a unit of former Special Forces trying to kill a terrorist, with another group of former SF working to protect the terrorist.

A very good movie in my opinion, and I'm not a big fan of action movies.

The story is reality-based, and the fighting/combat scenes appear to be reality-based, as opposed to the fantasy, highly-stylized combat John Wick movies (I'm not a fan of the JW movies).

There are at least two Cold Steel knives in it, a Spartan, carried by one of the "good guys", and a Talwar, carried by the leader of the "bad guys", they have a knife-fight scene together. There's another knife-fight scene at the end.

It wasn't a blockbuster, critics may not have liked it, and you may never have heard of it, but I consider it a hidden gem. I've seen it twice now, and I'm sure I'll watch it again. It's the kind of movie I could watch maybe once a year, and that's a short list of movies. But that's me.

As far as the type of action movie it is, I'd put it in the same category as "Extraction" with Chris Hemsworth.

Last edited:
Saw a couple just recently:

Latest episode of The Rookie, in the opening sequence they pull over a guy that has a bunch of knives on him, including what looks to be a Super Edge. Could only find this view online, but just before this he had it as a neck knife.

Screenshot_20221102-104136_kindlephoto-575132208.png

A Brave Heart in first few minutes of Zombie Strippers:

Screenshot_20221102-103717_kindlephoto-574323574.png

Saw a couple just recently:

Latest episode of The Rookie, in the opening sequence they pull over a guy that has a bunch of knives on him, including what looks to be a Super Edge. Could only find this view online, but just before this he had it as a neck knife.

View attachment 1976564

A Brave Heart in first few minutes of Zombie Strippers:

View attachment 1976550
I missed this one. Quite an eclectic set of actors, any good? Wonder what is special about the "Special Edition".

I missed this one. Quite an eclectic set of actors, any good? Wonder what is special about the "Special Edition".
I found that version online to get the screenshot, and maybe should have watched that one instead of the one I DVR'd, as it's uncut. Some of the special effects weren't bad, but basically one of those "it's so bad it's almost good" kind of things.

Trail Master in Flight of the Intruder (1991)

n2s
It is not just an ordinary Trailmaster, but a "Flight of the Intruder Bowie" made for the movie and then produced in a limited edition made in Japan with a black micarta handle and a blade made from Stainless steel and then black coated in a leather sheath. They made 500 of them. The black coating on the later models looked really crappy. I have been using this one for probably 20 years.
Intruder01.jpg

IMG-5578.jpg

IMG-5573.jpg

A while ago, I read that Cold Steel had been among the knives featured in the movie Red Dawn (the original version). Specifically, Patrick Swayze's character, Jed, was reported to have carried a Cold Steel Tanto. As a tremendous fan of both that movie and Cold Steel, I was incredulous, never having observed a Tanto in my dozens of viewings over the years. So I went looking. Sure enough, the Tanto is rarely shown and never put to use, but it is there in Jed's belt.

IMG-4064.jpg

I find it amusing that the Tanto, which would have been suitable and period-correct for Red Dawn's 1984 setting, barely appeared in that war movie, but did feature prominently alongside the Terminator (both knives in Kydex Ki sheaths, no less) in Platoon, set thirteen years before Cold Steel even existed!

IMG-0062.jpg

Despite its minimal role, I was glad to discover the Tanto in Red Dawn. Cold Steel's inclusion in one of my favorite movies only adds to my enjoyment of the film!

IMG-2278.jpg

Merry Christmas, everyone!

-Steve

I read somewhere that the scene where Jed uses the CS Tanto was cut.

According to that article or post, Jed used the CS Tanto during the McDonald's scene which they cut due to a real world shooting in a McDonald's before the movie was released.

Back