Cold Steel panic buy thread

The Tiger Claw is probably my favorite carry knife, with the Black Talon a close second.

The Torpedo's practical use eludes me, but I needed one for the collection. Its weight feels great in hand.
I always thought that the tiger claw was under rated. It should take the wind out of an aggressors sails pretty fast.

I didn’t know about the ownership change until about a month ago, so I’m late on panic buying. Bought a 3v nightfall Master Tanto, 2 San Mai Master Tantos, a Kobun, SK-5 Recon Tanto and a Survivalist. Was going to buy a San Mai Taipan, but to be honest, it’s really hard to justify, and they are even a couple Oz heavier than even the Master Tanto. No Cold Steel folders for me, I only buy axis lock folding knives.

Well got a new XL Espada coming next week, just got the Aus10 version. I wanted an Espada with the grippy handles instead of the smooth handles like on my S35vn large model. I can't wait to check out that XL bad boy. I also heard they were going to stop making the Aus10 version, not sure so I grabbed one as they seem to be going up in price lately as well.

I'm basically, filling-in-the-holes of my Cold Steel collection. Still need an XL drop-point Voyager, and an SR1. A Black Talon just for the fun-of-it! The 'big-uns' do have their place, in the scheme of things.

VJrno4Wh.jpg

Lol! Just received the XL Espada Aus10 it makes my Spartan look small. It's built very well and perfect out of the box. It looks like a pistol handle sticking out of my shorts pocket. It's a little easier to get a hold of than the Spartan or the Rajah II from the pocket. They are all still awesome designed knives though in their own right.

I would buy half of the available Cold Steel products if I was in America. Duplicated.

But when you pay indecent importation fees, the panic spreads to your pocket.

So I've ordered only two folders: a Bush Lite (the store didn't have the bigger brother) and the AK-47.

The panic is over. I could die without having none of those beauties. Most people don't.

Good luck, Lynn. I hope to get more CS stuff in the future!

I literally had a year's worth of toilet paper stored up before the pandemic, and enough guns and ammo to supply the Bulgarian army for 6 years.

So of course I've been hoarding Cold Steel knives for years in anticipation of Lynn leaving the helm.

You guys gotta learn how things are done yo. :thumbsup:

koHV6BU.jpg

B71nAQs.jpg

" . . . and they thought Lynn Thompson would be around forever!!!"
You have a knife problem sir.

the problem is you don’t have enough knives 🙂

I’ve found some old stock knives and still need to pick up
AK47 field knife
Talwar Aus8
AK 47 Aus8
Counter point xl Aus8
OSS

I would buy half of the available Cold Steel products if I was in America. Duplicated.

But when you pay indecent importation fees, the panic spreads to your pocket.

So I've ordered only two folders: a Bush Lite (the store didn't have the bigger brother) and the AK-47.

The panic is over. I could die without having none of those beauties. Most people don't.

Good luck, Lynn. I hope to get more CS stuff in the future!

Total change of direction here...

The Bush Lite is so beautiful, and I love it, but the knife I'd really like to have is the full Bush Ranger with Tri-Ad Lock and better steel. So I'll save the money.

The AK-47 is ultra cool, but it's obviously a SD folder. And, seriously, I will not use a specialized SD folder in the streets. A good EDC with SD capabilities is much better.

There's also the price variation. With the same amount of money that I would spend to buy two AK-47 I bought three Recon 1. Considering the MSRP (and the value) of these folders, I got much more value.

Finally, I'm also buying the AD-10. It has much of the SD capabilities of the AK-47, including the same blade size and a glass breaker (cough cough), but at the same time it doesn't have the "tactical" aspect of the AK-47, and can be carried in the streets as a "normal" EDC folder. Even the bigger Recon 1 is more "presentable" as an EDC than the AK-47.
(EDIT: I'm talking about the Recon 1 Spearpoint. The other two are not so "presentable".)

The price of the AD-10 was only 25% higher than the price of the AK-47, and 100% higher than the price of the Recon 1. Another reason to drop the AK-47. I saw more value in the extremes (the cheaper Recon 1 and the pricier AD-10).

In the end, Bezos is smiling because I spent much more money than I would normally, but I guess that this is the very meaning of the word "panic".

Last edited:
Total change of direction here...

The Bush Lite is so beautiful, and I love it, but the knife I'd really like to have is the full Bush Ranger with Tri-Ad Lock and better steel. So I'll save the money.

The AK-47 is ultra cool, but it's obviously a SD folder. And, seriously, I will not use a specialized SD folder in the streets. A good EDC with SD capabilities is much better.

There's also the price variation. With the same amount of money that I would spend to buy two AK-47 I bought three Recon 1. Considering the MSRP (and the value) of these folders, I got much more value.

Finally, I'm also buying the AD-10. It has much of the SD capabilities of the AK-47, including the same blade size and a glass breaker (cough cough), but at the same time it doesn't have the "tactical" aspect of the AK-47, and can be carried in the streets as a "normal" EDC folder. Even the bigger Recon 1 is more "presentable" as an EDC than the AK-47.
(EDIT: I'm talking about the Recon 1 Spearpoint. The other two are not so "presentable".)

The price of the AD-10 was only 25% higher than the price of the AK-47, and 100% higher than the price of the Recon 1. Another reason to drop the AK-47. I saw more value in the extremes (the cheaper Recon 1 and the pricier AD-10).

In the end, Bezos is smiling because I spent much more money than I would normally, but I guess that this is the very meaning of the word "panic".
The 47 may have a tactical feel, but I find it quite practical for EDC. Great combo of belly and the hollow grind.

Great choices man. As long as there’s no melons, any of those blades will serve you very well.

The 47 may have a tactical feel, but I find it quite practical for EDC. Great combo of belly and the hollow grind.

Great choices man. As long as there’s no melons, any of those blades will serve you very well.

Thanks! I love the AK-47, but considering I wouldn't really use it, the price was too high. Now the price got even higher, and the 47 is costing the same as the AD-10, which is totally crazy.

What's a "melon"? A counterfeit item?

T tess_lawrie_fan Some time ago I got lucky and bought new ones - old AK-47 in AUS8 and an oldie AK-47 with Ultralock. I was amazed with AK UL despite it weight above 200 grams.

Cool... The design of the AK-47 is very appealing. If still available in the future, I'll surely have one, even if only for the sake of collection. But, for me, it doesn't belong to the "panic buy" category, at least in this moment.

Back