Coldsteel Sold???

I will be surprised if Cold Steel doesn't end up heavily involved in the, um, budget knife world.

That’s what I’m thinking. Remember when the knives were great quality and made in Japan or the US? That was their glory days, and they haven’t been there for a long, loooong time.

This may just be the final nail in a pine box that’s been slowly closing for years. Downgraded steel choices, tons more budget offerings, spotty QC problems, outsourced overseas manufacturing, and sheaths that are total condoms (to put it nicely) have all been leading down to this.

I sure hope Lynn got a big golden parachute out of this. I really do. He deserves it as hard as he’s worked and for his contributions to our little corner of the hobby.

Someone posted on Facebook the new Cold Steel warranty as backed by GSM.

Limited one year warranty.

They will probably ship in blister packs. And expect to see a lot more 'Cold Steel' liner locks.

From the Cold Steel site:

All GSM Outdoor products have a warranty that covers manufacture defects of the product. Like most industries, our warranty is valid only for the original owner of the product purchased from an authorized retailer. Please refer to your individual product for specific warranty time frames. Below are the general warranty times for all of GSM Outdoor products.

ColdSteel products are covered by a One Year Limited Warranty.

At GSM Outdoors, our customers are our number one priority and we want them to know we stand proudly behind every item bearing our name. Tampering with or altering the unit will void the warranty. Any unauthorized service will void the warranty. Original sales receipt must be produced for any warranty service and a Return Authorization (RA) number must be obtained from customer service at 877-269-8490 prior to returning the product.
USING YOUR OWN SHIPPING METHOD

• You can send items back to us at the address below using any other method that can provide tracking to prove shipment.
  • Once we receive your package, we will promptly process your return or exchange.
  • We are not responsible for items lost in the transit.
  • We do not accept COD returns. Packages will be refused and sent back to originator.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PRODUCT SENT TO US WITHOUT A RETURN AUTHORIZATION
Return Address:
GSM Outdoors

5250 Frye Road

That is a bummer. Seldom does a brand get sold and stay true to its history.

Hard to do business in Kali these days so I can see them moving HQ to just about anywhere else.
I think California has been a good place for CS, otherwise they would have left long ago.

Do not worry guys. I am sure this was just done as a way to raise capital so Cold Steel could corner the market on that new super steel 4034. Life time supply on the way. Yeah stock up as soon as you can.

I’ve been noticing a disturbing trend in production moving from Taiwan to China. Not to mention dropping European and Japanese steel for Chinese. It’s a shame, Cold Steel will likely join the long list of Walmart knives that are a shadow of their former selves.

I’ve been noticing a disturbing trend in production moving from Taiwan to China. Not to mention dropping European and Japanese steel for Chinese. It’s a shame, Cold Steel will likely join the long list of Walmart knives that are a shadow of their firmer selves.

Wow, triple post, but screw it, it deserves to said three times. Another crappy occurrence for 2020. Cold Steel was always the go to for budget quality. I fear that will go the way of the dodo.

The person or people that manned that username may not work there anymore:(

Lol, that was Lynn or I’m a monkey’s uncle. :D

I just hope they keep Demko on. If they lose that Triad lock I’m betting that’ll be all she wrote - especially if they keep downgrading everything including materials and production.

They’ll just join the ranks of the shite hanging on pegs at Walmart.

Lol, that was Lynn or I’m a monkey’s uncle. :D

I just hope they keep Demko on. If they lose that Triad lock I’m betting that’ll be all she wrote - especially if they keep downgrading everything including materials and production.

They’ll just join the ranks of the shite hanging on pegs at Walmart.

I'd guess they have rights to produce the Triad lock for some time.

Will it be from the same materials...?

Back