Coming this Spring - KA-BAR Becker BK40 Folder

OFFICIAL_KA-BAR

Coming this Spring: the KA-BAR Becker BK40 Folder. Our best guess is these will hit sometime in early April, though we would love to get them out sooner. MSRP is $53.81 - they will be cheaper from our dealers. This is all the information we have on the BK40 at this time; we are not taking preorders. We are trying to get our new products out as fast as we can; please don't harass our customer service about this or any other new products that are not on the website - it will only slow things down. When these are available I will post on BF and on all our other social channels.

2LZGt4C.jpg

What? Mind blown seeing this thread’s title! :thumbsup:

It looks interesting. I would echo the sentiments that others have already expressed. I am a little a disappointed.

OFFICIAL_KA-BAR OFFICIAL_KA-BAR , any chance we could see an upgraded version made in America with better steel? :)
What he said. I do like the looks of it though.

It’s great to see another Becker coming out.

Did Ethan design this?

I’ll be grabbing one to give it a whirl.

I like how the scales are reminiscent of the tweener scales. Blade profile and 4 way deep carry wire clip is cool too.

I hope it is in similar quality to the Taiwan made models. Made in US with 14c28n would be the cat’s meow.

I like the looks of it but.. not great steel and made in china is disappointing.
Same here. That said, I've had a KA-BAR Dozier folder for years now. Same steel, made in Taiwan, and I've never had any problems with it. I haven't used it heavily, but it still works. It's cheap enough that I'll end up with one.

Same here. That said, I've had a KA-BAR Dozier folder for years now. Same steel, made in Taiwan, and I've never had any problems with it. I haven't used it heavily, but it still works. It's cheap enough that I'll end up with one.

I don't doubt that it's a decent enough knife if Ethan signed off on it, and I imagine I'll end up with one as well. But I wish they'd realize that we're willing to pay more for a more reliable American product.. especially a BKT folder.

I always want to support KA-BAR and Ethan Becker. I really do.

I like the looks of the scales on this folder and the blade shape. :thumbsup:

I understand Becker’s have always been more reasonably priced and I appreciate that; they are meant to be used! What I’m having a bit of a tough time with is that I equate Becker’s to being made in America (yes, I know about the remora and the BK23) and of a certain quality. I wouldn’t expect a Becker folder to be m390 or 20cv but Sandvik, s35vn, or aeb-l would be most welcomed.

I dont think kabar has produced a usa made folder in recent years. I was hoping that when they finally made a becker folder it would be THE usa made kabar folder. Also was thinking the “no usa made folders” was one of the hiccups with becker folder production.

It should at least be taiwan made. Taiwan knives is nothing to scoff at. Ill most likely still buy one though. Hoping that with enough sales they will move production to a higher quality location.

Speaking of Hogue, I just snapped a pic of some folders I own that have resonated with me as having a Beckerhead like quality...
pOPwkoB.jpg

Sure these are an apples to oranges comparison. Ultimately, I expect we’ll see the Becker folder in the $35 range.

love my hogue ritter.
yes, the proto folder was made by hogue - and IIRC, it had a proposed price close to $200 10 years ago, so would probably be closer to $250 today.
Yes, I would be happier with a Taiwan made version, but I'll pick one of these up at the anticipated $35 street price (just like the D2 Dozier folder)
My only hope is that this one has a smoother action than the mark 98s did -- I was severely disappointed in those.

Back